Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• lado
    replied
    It seems that the bug with start and end times was solved. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• lado
    replied
    Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
    1) There's a backgroundMouseUp event which fires when the mouse is released and the cell under the mouse has changed. We've just made that public - please retest with a build of 4.1 dated March 25 or later.
    This one works, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• lado
    replied
    Can you show some code for point 2? Specifically, the code for whichever handler you mean in your comment "the CalendarEvent that I receive in my handler"...

Also, please clarify this comment: "I even tried to show the simplest Calendar class (from the showcase) and the behaviour is the same!"

We're not sure what you mean - can you point us at the example you mean and give steps to reproduce?
    I managed to reproduce the strange behaviour. I took the "buildinds" sample and modified it. It appears when I include Croatian localization.

1) BuiltInDS
    Code:
    public class BuiltInDS implements EntryPoint {

/**
    	 * This is the entry point method.
    	 */
    	public void onModuleLoad() {
    		DataSource eventDS = new DataSource();
    		DataSourceSequenceField eventIdField = new DataSourceSequenceField("eventId");
    		eventIdField.setPrimaryKey(true);

DataSourceTextField nameField = new DataSourceTextField("name");
    		DataSourceTextField descField = new DataSourceTextField("description");
    		DataSourceDateTimeField startDateField = new DataSourceDateTimeField("startDate");
    		DataSourceDateTimeField endDateField = new DataSourceDateTimeField("endDate");

eventDS.setFields(eventIdField, nameField, descField, startDateField, endDateField);
    		eventDS.setClientOnly(true);
    		eventDS.setTestData(CalendarData.getRecords());

Calendar calendar = new Calendar();
    		calendar.setDataSource(eventDS);
    		calendar.setUseAllDataSourceFields(false);
    		calendar.setAutoFetchData(true);

calendar.addBackgroundClickHandler(new BackgroundClickHandler() {
    			@Override
    			public void onBackgroundClick(BackgroundClickEvent event) {
    				event.cancel();

System.out.println("event.getStartDate() = " + event.getStartDate());
    				System.out.println("event.getEndDate() = " + event.getEndDate());
    			}
    		});

calendar.draw();
    	}
    }
    2) The CalendarData class from the showcase is added to the project as is.

3) BuiltInDS.html
    Added
    Code:
    <html>
      <head>
        <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
        <!--  ADDED!   -->
        <meta name="gwt:property" content="locale=hr">
    4) BuiltInDS.gwt.xml
    Added
    Code:
    <module rename-to="builtinds">
        <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>

<!--  ADDED!   -->
        <inherits name="com.google.gwt.i18n.I18N"/>

<inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools"/>
        <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools"/>
        <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEE"/>

<!--  ADDED!   -->
        <extend-property name="locale" values="hr"/>
        <!--  ADDED!   -->
        <set-property-fallback name="locale" value="hr"/>

<entry-point class='com.smartgwt.sample.client.BuiltInDS'/>
    </module>
    When I remove the added lines from BuiltInDS.html and BuiltInDS.gwt.xml, everything works as expected.

Leave a comment:

• lado
    replied
    Can you show some code for point 2? Specifically, the code for whichever handler you mean in your comment "the CalendarEvent that I receive in my handler"...

Also, please clarify this comment: "I even tried to show the simplest Calendar class (from the showcase) and the behaviour is the same!"

We're not sure what you mean - can you point us at the example you mean and give steps to reproduce?
    I understand that my description isn't precise enough. Tomorrow I'll try to prepare minimum code to reproduce the strange behaviour.

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lado
    replied
    1) There's a backgroundMouseUp event which fires when the mouse is released and the cell under the mouse has changed. We've just made that public - please retest with a build of 4.1 dated March 25 or later.

2) This sounds like there is a mismatch between rowHeight and eventSnapGap - make sure the latter is either the same as the former, or some sensible percentage of it
    1) Ok, I'll try that build.

2) My values were: rowHeight = 40, eventSnapGap = 15.
    I've set both of them to 20, but the strange behaviour remained.

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied

2) This sounds like there is a mismatch between rowHeight and eventSnapGap - make sure the latter is either the same as the former, or some sensible percentage of it

Leave a comment:

• lado
    started a topic Strange Calendar behaviour in SmartGWT 4.1

Strange Calendar behaviour in SmartGWT 4.1

Hi!

I'm trying to migrate from SmartGWT 3.0 to 4.1. I migrated my code to 4.1, and found a strange behaviour in Calendar widget. I'd like to emphasize that my 3.0 code is in production and working normally, and I didn't change anything, just made a new project with 4.1 and deployed to the same environment.

1) Handling background click
    I have a custom handler and a custom DynamicForm for adding new event.
    Code:
    addBackgroundClickHandler(new BackgroundClickHandler() {
    	@Override
    	public void onBackgroundClick(BackgroundClickEvent event) {
    		event.cancel();
    		// show DynamicForm
    	}
    });
    The difference in 4.1 is that my handler gets invoked after I click on the background, but NOT when I drag the mouse as I want a longer duration of my event, which was not the case in 3.0.

How I can catch dragging in 4.1?

2) Wrong times in startDate and endDate
    When I drag events or try to add/edit events, the CalendarEvent that I receive in my handler has wrong startDate and endDate!

The dates I get have the right date and the wrong time: sometimes 1:00 a.m., sometimes 1:11 a.m., sometimes 1:22 a.m., but without any rule when specific value appears! Those datetimes totally confused me. I even tried to show the simplest Calendar class (from the showcase) and the behaviour is the same!

Environment: SmartGWT 4.1 (v9.1p_2014-03-23/EVAL Deployment), GWT 2.3.0, Firefox 26, Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit
Working...
X