Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Server side integration

I have looked at the showcase examples and see most are loading data from files be it xml or json. I do not see any examples of how to send modified data to the server. For GWT-EXT there was an additional data services piece written to handle the conversion of json into Java Objects. Is there something like that for SmartGWT?

Possibly it is obvious and I am just missing it. If so can you point me to the example that shows this.

Hi,
    Have you had a look at this sample :

http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase/#featured_dropdown_grid_category

It illustrates how server side integration can take place using Restful services.

SmartClient provides a separate server integration component that has a bunch of other value adds including the ability to transparently return data as java objects from your services with full lifecycle management of fetch / updates / deletes. This is part of the commercial offering and the corresponding functionality will be available as GWT API's soon.

Again, the RestDataSource give you the ability to handle fetch, updates and removes quite easily and you can have your servlet controller return the appropriate xml by converting bean data using libraries like XStream.

Comment

Does this means that currently it is not possible (yet) to use the integration with the commercial offering? Because you mention that this functionality will become available as GWT api's soon.
      Last edited by teseling; 20 Nov 2008, 04:47.

Comment

Working...
      X