Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

perplexed on upgrade issue from SmartGWT 2.x to 4.x - values in grid not appearing?

SmartClient Version: v9.1p_2014-03-20/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2014-03-20)
    GWT 2.5.1
    IE-11

I've been working through various upgrade issues and this one has me perplexed. We have a grid where only text and integers are appearing in the grid. All cell values for floats are empty?

I've checked the field names and they all match in the DataSource definition and the return values coming back from the database. They also meet Javascript requirements for field names, so there are no special characters in them.

I've look at the values coming back from the database, and all fields have values.

Even when I export the Grid to a CSV file, the values for the float fields are empty? Any ideas?
    Last edited by JLivermore; 21 Apr 2014, 06:40. Reason: more details

First couple of troubleshooting steps:

1. is the data still being delivered from the server (RPC tab)

2. is the data actually present in the Records (add some logging or use debugger)

Comment

1. Yes the data is being sent back in the RPC viewer.
      2. Yes the data is in the records, each record is shown in the Response window under the RPC tab, and I have verified the data in return records in the debugger as well.

Comment

OK...found the issue. I've got a bad CellFormatter not handling floats properly.

Comment

OK, in the absence of code, it's pretty much impossible to spot an error in code..

All we can say is:

1. field names are case sensitive, look at them carefully

2. see if you have a formatter defined for the field; perhaps it's assuming Double but the values are perhaps String

Beyond these wild guesses we'll need actual code to look at.

Comment

Simultaneous posts, but quite funny that the final wild guess hit the mark :)

Comment

Yes indeed! :) Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X