No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

user.agent value does not match

Hi

I'm using smartgwt-mobile 2014-05-01 with gwt 2.6.0

When I build the HelloWorld app and open it with an Android 4.2 or 4.3 device I get the error message 'the compile time user.agent value (android) does not match the runtime user.agent value (safari)'. This happens when I run the app in development mode from eclipse and also when i build a war and deploy it on a remote tomcat server.

I also tried
    <set-configuration-property name="user.agent.runtimeWarning" value="false"/> in the HelloWorld.gwt.xml but then I get a compile error 'Could not find module entry point class 'com.google.gwt.useragent.client.UserAgentAsserter' - even if this class is in the compiler's classpath.

There is no change in the HelloWorld example.

We've seen this error before, and it went away after clearing the gwt-unitCache folder, so try that.

Comment

I tried that but it did not help - the errormessage is still the same.

Comment

There's another way this can be triggered. To fix, move the core GWT lobs later in the classpath:

1. Stop Development Mode if running.
        2. In Eclipse, right click on the project and select "Properties".
        3. Under "Java Build Path", go to the "Order and Export" tab.
        4. Select the entry for "GWT SDK" and click the "Bottom" button to move the GWT SDK libs to last place.
        5. Delete gwt-unitCache, recompile, and re-start Development Mode.

Comment

This helped, thanks.

I had to modify the build.xml in HelloWorld project. In project.class.path i moved the reference to smartgwt-mobile.jar from the bottom to the top. The war built whith this classpath worked.

Comment

I offer a partial clue?

In classic development mode of my app, I use of a GWT -startupUrl switch in the Eclipse Run Configurations / Arguments.

The user.agent error occurs when I use a switch to set a URL in an IE Trusted Site, e.g., -startupUrl http://localhost.myTrustedDomain:8888/BuiltInDS.html. In this case, the IE8 Developer Tools reports Browser Mode IE8 Compat View, Document Mode IE7 Standards.

The user.agent error does NOT occur with the default -startupUrl BuiltInDS.html, which generates a URL in the IE "Internet" zone. In this case, the IE8 Developer Tools reports Browser Mode IE 8, Document Mode IE 8 Standards.

A co-worker tells me that our IE8 has always had GPO to force IE8 compatibility mode. But it was never a problem until GWT 2.6.0.

This is Greek to me, as GWT/SGWT usually shield me from this trivia (which is the way I like it).

I'm just reporting in the hopes it advances troubleshooting the issue.

--------------------------------
            IE8 (required for another few months)
            SGWTPOWER v4 20140909
            GWT 2.6.0
            Eclipse Luna 4.4 64-bit
            Windows 7

Comment

Note that this thread is about smartgwt.mobile, which does not support desktop IE as a deployment environment, so it doesn't seem likely that this information applies.

Comment

Hi,there:
                I was wondering how to exchange data between client and server used on smartGWT.Mobile.
                I was tried to use the method 'setDataURL' of DataSourse to fetch data from a servlet witch was repleased by Tomcat6.0 and the page also gives response, but the widget still got no data.
                Hoping can get some advice from you.

Comment

It worked also for me. Thanks
                  Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                  There's another way this can be triggered. To fix, move the core GWT lobs later in the classpath:

1. Stop Development Mode if running.
                  2. In Eclipse, right click on the project and select "Properties".
                  3. Under "Java Build Path", go to the "Order and Export" tab.
                  4. Select the entry for "GWT SDK" and click the "Bottom" button to move the GWT SDK libs to last place.
                  5. Delete gwt-unitCache, recompile, and re-start Development Mode.

Comment

Working...
                  X