Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Basic CubeGrid example exports excel file with formatting errors

Be sure your post includes:

1. Enterprise Evaluation: SNAPSHOT_v10.0d_2014-05-11/Enterprise Deployment 2014-05-11

2. Firefox

3. No errors in the server logs

The Basic CubeGrid example export of excel files results in a excel formatting problem for number cells: revenue or profit. The excel warning is:
    Code:
    The number in this cell is formatted as text or preceded by an apostrophe.
    I also get the exact same behavior in my code where the excel file cells have the exact formatting problem as stated.

Would it be possible to maintain the data type for the exporting to excel?

Please be more specific:

1. exactly where are you seeing this error? A screenshot would help

2. what exact version of Excel and on what platform shows this issue?

3. are you seeing this issue with an Excel spreadsheet exported from one of the unmodified framework samples, or something else?

4. is there any apparent functional problem, or just a warning (type information is already automatically conveyed to Excel, so we wouldn't expect a functional issue)

Comment

1 and 2) I'm seeing this in my excel spreadsheet through Excel 2010 and 2011. I've attached a screenshot of Excel 2011. I've attached a screenshot for you.

3) This is from your unmodified framework sample.

BTW, I get the same thing from the modified framework (where I have to include Analytics) and from my version of my code.

4) I'm not sure what you mean by, "is there any apparent functional problem,..."

I'll take a stab and say that there are no warnings/errors in the logs. The warnings are purely from the Excel programs. You can see in the screenshot that there are green triangles in the upper, left hand corner of every cell with a number value.
      Attached Files

Comment

We've assigned a developer to look into the issue.

Comment

We've made a fix for this that can be observed with the CubeGrid samples in the Showcase. It will be in the next nightly build of SC 10.d/SGWT 5.0d.

Comment

Working...
          X