Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Minor typo docs.JavaModuleDependencies

Hi Isomorphic,

in http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwte...endencies.html there are some small typos/errors:
    • It should read "renderer" twice where it is "render" (regarding "core-renderer")
    • "jakarta-oro" -> "isc-jakarta-oro" (?)
    • "hsqldb" in "isomorphic_sql" should most likely be optional as in "isomorphic_hibernate" (?)

Are you interested in those minor reports as well? It should be corrected, but I feel overly pedantic and distracting other users if I had created a thread just for these points.

More important, the following JARs are not listed in the JavaDoc. Could you add them? I'm trying to get a minimal .classpath as well as a minimal WAR-file for deployment:
    • groovy-*.jar (only for Server Scripting?)
    • javassist-*.jar
    • jna-*.jar
    • jna-platform-*.jar
    • messaging.jar (only when using isomorphic_realtime_messaging? Most likely yes.)
    • validation-api-*.jar

These JARs are listed, but not included in the .classpath of current BuiltInDS:
    • isomorphic_obfuscation (also no jar for it in current nightly)
    • commons-vfs (listed in isomorphic_core_rpc)
    • jsr173_1.0_api (listed in isomorphic_core_rpc, part xlsx 2007 export)

Additionally, dom4j-*.jar seems also to be needed for xlsx-export. If I try to export without it, I get the following exception in the server log:
    Code:
    === 2014-05-14 18:32:09,871 [ec-9] INFO  ProxyHttpServletResponse - content-disposition set to: attachment; fileName=myfile.xlsx - unwrapping response output stream (CompressionFilter)
    === 2014-05-14 18:32:09,871 [ec-9] INFO  BuiltinRPC - Generating and streaming ooxml file...
    java.lang.Exception: [B]Trouble loading Apache POI OOXML classes - are the poi-ooxml and poi-ooxml-schemas .jar files deployed?  These are required in addition to the base POI .jar if you want to export in Excel 2007 format[/B]
    	at com.isomorphic.rpc.ExcelDataExport.getExportObject(ExcelDataExport.java:250)
    	at com.isomorphic.rpc.DataExport.exportResultSet(DataExport.java:612)
    	at com.isomorphic.rpc.DataExport.exportResultSet(DataExport.java:459)
    	at com.isomorphic.rpc.BuiltinRPC.downloadClientExport(BuiltinRPC.java:782)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    Of course, I have all three poi-*.jar deployed. dom4j-*.jar in isomorphic_core_rpc, part xlsx 2007 export.

Best regards,
    Blama
    Last edited by Blama; 14 May 2014, 08:51. Reason: Added missing jars

Thanks for the detailed report. Documentation has been updated and will be available in tomorrow's build.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I am in the process of of upgrading to the following version:
      INFO ISCInit - Isomorphic SmartClient/SmartGWT Framework (v9.1p_2014-07-29/Pro Deployment 2014-07-29) - Initialization Complete

I am still seeing some of the issues addressed in this post.

Thanks,
      Eric

Comment

You will need to be much more specific.

Comment

Sorry about that.

Referring to docs in the distro or the following:
          https://www.smartclient.com/smartgwtee/javadoc/com/smartgwt/client/docs/JavaModuleDependencies.html

commons-vfs (listed in isomorphic_core_rpc) not included in distro
          jsr173_1.0_api (listed in poi section) not included in distro
          dom4j-*.jar (not listed in poi section) included in distro

Comment

See the JavaDoc in the latest patched build, not the online JavaDoc.

Note that vfs is expected to not be listed or included.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

The build I looked at and deployed is from 7-29-2014 and what I reported is the same in the online html and from my build version.

These are the same doc issues as in the original post. Are you saying this was fixed between 7-29 and now?

Eric
              Attached is from the 7-29 distro.
              Attached Files

Comment

You might have some stale files around or some other issue.

Here's the actual latest.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

from what I understood:

current v9.1p docs: Only in my download, file:///C:/Users/me/workspace/lib/smartgwtee-4.1p/doc/javadoc/com/smartgwt/client/docs/JavaModuleDependencies.html
                  somewhat older v9.1p docs: http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwte...endencies.html

current v10.0d docs: http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwte...endencies.html

Therefore I always try to use my local JavaDoc.
                  That being said, I see the same content for both 9.1p URLs as well.

Best regards,
                  Blama

Comment

Working...
                  X