Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Problem while loading smartGWT Mobile on Android

Testing our application built with the latest smartGWT Mobile and GWT 2.6.1 on Android devices (4.2, 4.3) we have a problem while the application is loading. The application does not start and in the LogCat we see the error
    Code:
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'create' of undefined:1979
    The error occurs before the first statement in the EntryPoint Constructor is executed (SC.log there does not show a message).

Only with GWT 2.6.0/2.6.1 and Android. IPad and Desktop-Chrome are ok.

GWT 2.5.1 with Android is ok too.

Sometimes it is possible to remove a bit of code. e.g. addHandler somwhere in a class that is not instanciated at the beginning, and the error goes away. But later it comes error again when adding other statements elsewhere.

Unfortunatly I'm not able to reproduce the problem with the sample Application. Because the problem occurs before my application starts i don't know what to do.

Is there a way to display see more information in the logfile?

This sounds like your project is just corrupt, so the first step would be to clear your GWT unitCache, run a GWT compile, and perhaps re-install GWT or re-create the project from scratch in an attempt to get rid of whatever corruption is happening.

Comment

not corrupt

I know that it looks like that but it is not. I did that with ant builds that take well defined gwt libraries and the problem remains and of course delete generated artifakts before the build.

I can toggle between a running and failing version by:
      - changing the gwt version (2.6 fails, 2.5 works)
      - delete add statements in classes that are not touched while initializing. This is very ugly because sometimes it works and then the problem comes again when writing more code

Comment

- delete add statements in classes that are not touched while initializing. This is very ugly because sometimes it works and then the problem comes again when writing more code
        If this isn't a problem with the project (we still think you should try another machine or clean environment), then it strongly suggests a core GWT bug. SmartGWT.mobile isn't involved in compilation in such a way that we could crash the app on initialization based on whether handlers are added.

You can of course have GWT output less obfuscated code if you want to troubleshoot.

Comment

I made a build on our build-server and deployed to the test-environment - same error.

When I add the compiler-option -style PRETTY or -style DETAILED the error disapears (for the moment?)

Comment

Working...
          X