Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

DateChooser in Simplicity Skin has cell-height issues on hover

Hi Isomorphic,

please see this showcase example (or any other DateChooser) in Simplicity skin.

Open the DateChooser and hover over a day not belonging to the displayed month (for April 14: March, 30th-31st + May, 1st-2nd). See how the row-height of the enclosing row changes.

Moving to another day in that row switches the height back to normal, but not switching to a date in a row below or above.

I tested local in my app and in the online showcase (v9.1p_2014-05-19) and can reproduce in Chrome 34, FF26 and IE11.

Best regards,
    Blama

A couple of style changes have been made to address this - please retest with a build dated May 22 or later

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I retested with v9.1p_2014-05-22, which still has the issue. Please see the linked online showcase example (as of now: v9.1p_2014-05-22/LGPL Development Only).

To see the effect, change to April and hover over the last days of March or the first days of May.

Best regards,
      Blama

Comment

We've made another few tweaks that will hit builds dated May 24 and later

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

still not totally gone - although I think I see it occurring less - or at least only for short times - like a "image flickering".

Please see the linked online showcase example (as of now: v9.1p_2014-05-24/LGPL Development Only). I tested with a clean cache and FF 29.0.1.

Select May 2014 and quickly hover back and forth from Apr. 27th to May 3rd (top row).

Best regards,
          Blama

Comment

Ok - we believe this is now addressed, please retest with a build of 4.1 dated May 28 or later.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

this is fixed now. Thanks a lot.
              Nevertheless I found other minor inconsistencies in the Simplicity-Datechooser:

Please test with today's online showcase (v9.1p_2014-06-04):
              • Please see the attached screenshot of this showcase-example in FF26 and Chrome35 (no zoom):
                - Last column width inconsistencies in Chrome (also in Enterprise skin) and FF (only Enterprise skin).
                - Weekday-names replaced by "...".
                - Year not displayed in total

• Please see the same showcase-example in German language in FF26 and Chrome35 (no zoom):
                - As above, plus:
                - In my app I get "DI" (instead of "Di") and "MI" (instead of "Mi") (I checked http://www.getlocalization.com/isomorphic but did not find the 2-char weekdaynames anywhere.)

I think the DateChooser is a bit too small to have place for all it's elements.

Best regards,
              Blama
              Attached Files

Comment

The general minimum width of date-cells has been increased slightly for tomorrow's build, which fixes the header-title issue, and the month and year buttons also have a few px of extra width.

It isn't clear how you can be seeing all-caps day-names - these fields are just given the first two letters of the 3-char shortDayNames from the locale.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

today is zoom-day...once again related to zoom.
                  I can only reproduce in Chrome and only in my app. Chrome seems to have a weird way of not displaying the space between the "i"-stroke and the "i"-dot in "Di" and "Mi".

The markup is also correct:
                  Code:
                  <div id="isc_94" style="overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;white-space:nowrap">Mi</div>
                  See the different screenshots (filename reveals the applied settings).

Thanks for adjusting the minimum width of date-cells. I'll try with the next nightly. Once again really great support here.

Best regards,
                  Blama
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                    The general minimum width of date-cells has been increased slightly for tomorrow's build, which fixes the header-title issue, and the month and year buttons also have a few px of extra width.
                    Hi Isomorphic,

this is indeed fixed now, but introduced other (very minor) glitches for me.

Please see the current (v9.1p_2014-06-08) online showcase screenshots:

In Chrome there are unwanted stripes next to the weekday-names (both Enterprise Blue and Simplicity) and in FF (also Enterprise Blue and Simplicity) there is the right border of the rightmost day missing.

Best regards,
                    Blama
                    Attached Files

Comment

We don't see any of the issues you show screenshots of, in any browser or skin.

Do you still have zoom set?

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

you are correct - once again.
                        In FF it was related to the system zoom. Perhaps you have to amend your "no zoom"-advice by system zoom. I will stop using system zoom now, even though I find your showcase and most pages in the web too small to be good readable (using a 1920x1080 Dell Inspiron 7520 15" notebook).

In Chrome it was related to browser zoom not being at 100% - I don't know how I missed that...

Thanks a lot, this is closed for me now,
                        Blama

Comment

Working...
                        X