No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Error using custom tiles - 4.1p 2014-05-19

4.1p 2014-05-19

Hi guys,

I tried a slightly different (not data source bound) flavor of custom tiles using the showcase example. When I add my custom tiles to the grid I get an exception.

Do I need to implement something like SimpleTile's getRecord to make it work?

The javadoc says any child of Canvas is allowed so here's a simplified example (using Label) that produces the same error:

Code:
    TileGrid grid = new TileGrid();
    grid.setTileConstructor(Label.class.getName());
    grid.setTiles(new Label("test"), new Label("test2"));
    addMember(grid );
    Exception in dev mode (only tried in dev mode). One copy of the exception is thrown per Label added to the grid:
    Code:
    (UnknownFileName:-1) 2014-05-21 17:17:25,658 [ERROR]  - Internal client error  -> (TypeError) @com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl::apply(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;)([JavaScript object(18222), JavaScript object(18205), JavaScript object(18746)]): this.data is undefined
    com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError) @com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl::apply(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;)([JavaScript object(18222), JavaScript object(18205), JavaScript object(18746)]): this.data is undefined
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:249)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:136)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:576)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:284)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
        at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java)
        at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:347)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor48.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:293)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:547)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:364)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

See docs for Reflection.

Comment

Never Mind!

Don't know what possessed me to use TileGrid. TileLayout worked fine. :)
      -B

Comment

Oops that right I would have needed to initialize that class for reflection. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X