Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Originally posted by sjivan
    Nikolas is generating the nightly builds so help might be able to help change the build JDK to 1.5.
    I guess you'd just have to add the attribute target="1.5" to the <javac ... /> - tasks in the ant build scripts.
    Let me know if you want me to re-build the last few revisions after that change has been made.

If you're reluctant to make that change I could switch to a 1.5 JDK for the automated builds, of course.
    Last edited by nlotz; 14 Jan 2009, 08:26.

Comment

Hey,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask since it's technical section, but is there a roadmap for smartGWT somewhere? I want to start a few projects but want to avoid starting of with a beta when a stable version is released the next day :)

Cheers,
      BN

Comment

GWT Ext is not required and I overlooked cleaning up the test target when setting up the SmartGWT build. I'll fix that.
        Will you (can you) also make the change to use the GWT_HOME?

Cheers,
        -Lyndon-

Comment

I have rebuilt Revision 219 (with JDK 1.5) and changed the automated build to always use JDK 1.5 from now on.

You can find the version used for compiling in the first few lines of build.log.txt now:
          Code:
          Linux 2.6.22.19-0.1-bigsmp athlon i386 GNU/Linux

java version "1.5.0_17"
          Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_17-b04)
          Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_17-b04, mixed mode)

Comment

great, thank you

Comment

I added target="1.5" to the <javac ..> task in the build files.

I also updated the build to look for the environment variable GWT_HOME. If it's not found it will fallback to the current tools/lib/gwt/<version>/windows value.
              Can you verify this works for you?

Thanks,
              Sanjiv

Comment

I added target="1.5" to the <javac ..> task in the build files [...] Can you verify this works for you?
                The automated builds seem to work just fine (see Revision 224).

I switched to JDK 1.6 for compiling, as it gets the job done much faster.
                Compatibility with JDK 1.5 shouldn't be a problem anymore, as the classes are compiled with target="1.5" now.

Thanks !
                Last edited by nlotz; 15 Jan 2009, 04:12.

Comment

Also tested and it works like a charm. You can even set the location of GWT by setting the gwt_home parameter at ant invocation time . . .
                  Code:
                  ant -Dgwt_home=/home/builder/gwt-1.5.3
                  Thanks for getting this sorted.

On the unit test side, I am still getting an error, though it now requests that SmartGWT should be built first. :)

Any insights on how this has been working for you. The steps I have followed are to perform a build all, then run ant with the test target.

Cheers,
                  -Lyndon-

Comment

Hi,

I try to use the SVN automated builds version.
                    Compilation is OK, but when I try to run the code on Firefox 3.0.5,
                    I always got the following message (report by Firebug):

$wnd.isc is undefined
                    [Break on this error] _=fw.prototype=new m6();_.gC=jw;_.tI=18;...tGlobalID();eP(a,qt,a.b,false);return a}

The smartgwt-1.0b1 does not have this problem.
                    Any suggestion ?

Regards
                    KC

Comment

Code:
                      $wnd.isc is undefined
                      [Break on this error] _=fw.prototype=new m6();_.gC=jw;_.tI=18;...tGlobalID();eP(a,qt,a.b,fa lse);return a}
                      The above problem goes away at smartgwt-1.0b2 (r250). FYI

KC

Comment

Originally posted by kccheng
                        Code:
                        $wnd.isc is undefined
                        [Break on this error] _=fw.prototype=new m6();_.gC=jw;_.tI=18;...tGlobalID();eP(a,qt,a.b,fa lse);return a}
                        The above problem goes away at smartgwt-1.0b2 (r250). FYI

KC
                        Sorry, the problem did not goes away when I double check from other host :-(
                        Is there any special procedure to install the nightly build version ?
                        I only download the smartgwt.-xxx.zip and unzip it to replace the old version.

Thanks
                        KC

Comment

Is there any special procedure to install the nightly build version ?
                          I only download the smartgwt.-xxx.zip and unzip it to replace the old version.
                          Actually replacing smartgwt-xxx.jar should be sufficient.

I have set up a Maven repository that gets updated with the automated builds:

http://smartgwtsnap.rorschach.de

Code:
                           Repository: http://smartgwtsnap.rorschach.de

Group Id: com.smartgwt
                          Artifact Id: smartgwt
                              Version: 1.0b2-SNAPSHOT

Comment

THANK YOU for the nightlies via maven.

In case it helps anyone else:
                            After changing my repo to this one I had to remove the contents of ~/.m2/repository/com/smartgwt/smartgwt and rebuild. Before I did this maven was pulling the POM and determining that it already had the latest, so the newer build was not downloaded.

Comment

Originally posted by scoobydoo
                              After changing my repo to this one I had to remove the contents of ~/.m2/repository/com/smartgwt/smartgwt and rebuild. Before I did this maven was pulling the POM and determining that it already had the latest, so the newer build was not downloaded.
                              Thanks - this should be helpful to a lot of users ...

Comment

Code:
                                $wnd.isc is undefined
                                I believe I know what cause the above problem.
                                It's because I use TreeFrog theme.

Code:
                                <!--this works OK for smartgwt-1.0b1, but not 1.0b2 -->
                                <!--
                                      <inherits name="com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoScript" />
                                      <script src="js/sc/initsc.js"/>
                                      <script src="js/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js"/>
                                      <script src="js/sc/modules/ISC_Foundation.js"/>
                                      <script src="js/sc/modules/ISC_Containers.js"/>
                                      <script src="js/sc/modules/ISC_Grids.js"/>
                                      <script src="js/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js"/>
                                      <script src="js/sc/modules/ISC_RichTextEditor.js"/>
                                      <script src="js/sc/modules/ISC_Calendar.js"/>
                                      <script src="js/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js"/>

<script src="js/sc/skins/TreeFrog/load_skin.js" />
                                -->

<!-- this works OK for v1.0b2 -->
                                      <inherits name="com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoScript" />
                                      <inherits name="com.smartclient.SmartClientDefault"/>
                                      <inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.treefrog.TreeFrog"/>
                                The JS path had been changed from
                                js/sc/modules/*.js
                                to
                                sc/modules/*.js

Use <inherits name=.../> to invoke theme will avoid this
                                problem even the path change again in the future. FYI.

Regards
                                KC

Comment

Working...
                                X