Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

/sc/system/development is missing from the latest SmartGWT nightly which causes the developer console to fail.
    This is because Log.html cannot load several javascript files from that directory, including development/ISC_DeveloperConsole.js.

Comment

this issue has allready been accepted:

http://code.google.com/p/smartgwt/issues/detail?id=69

as a workaround, you can put in the missing developer directory by hand.

Comment

Write to log

Originally posted by Isomorphic
        @alonas You can write to the top via SC.logWarn() and related methods.
        I don't have such method in SC class, also I don't have Log class...

Comment

The method had been added in the nightly build :)

So, if you didn't get the latest build, it does make sense.

Cheers,
          Bertrand.

Comment

The Developer Console should be functional from the SVN build now. I'll also try to put up a nightly build tomorrow.

Sanjiv

Comment

In rev. 254 the reference documentation cannot be loaded. docTree.js, exampleTree.js and other files cannot be found.

Comment

Originally posted by devask
                In rev. 254 the reference documentation cannot be loaded. docTree.js, exampleTree.js and other files cannot be found.
                The reference docs tab is not wired up. For it to display the docs, the docs would need to be bundled in smartgwt.jar which will then get deployed in your public directory. This is not desirable. For now just ignore that tab and read the docs online. Perhaps in the future we can have a configuration to have it point to the online docs.

Comment

Is it possible to use D.C. or something else in web mode.

Comment

just remove the surrounding if() statement from the first post?

Comment

Help needed to add a ShortCut for a ListGridRecord in a TreeGrid

Hi, Sanjiv , Thanks for the Tip,

Could u Please tell me How to add a KeyBoard Short Cut, for a Record in the Tree Grid, I tried the
                      Code:
                       grid..addKeyPressHandler(KeyPressHandler); But the onKeyPress(KeyPressEvent event)
                      that we Override, does not provide any convinience methods to get The Key Name, Wherein I Would like to do a Specific thing, for a Particular, Key Press, such as Delete etc,

Is there any Alternative?

The Page.registerKey(), Would Serve the Purpose But Will be Applied to the Entire Page, Which would not be Applicable in my case,

So, Please Suggest...
                      Thank u in Advance.

Originally posted by sjivan
                      The SmartClient Developer console is extremely useful in troubleshooting issues and displays really useful log messages (like duplicate ID's). It is useful to have it open at all times when you developing in hosted mode.

The 11-24-2008 build has a method called Page.registerKey so you can add the following to your entry point :

Code:
                      if (!GWT.isScript()) {
                          KeyIdentifier debugKey = new KeyIdentifier();
                          debugKey.setCtrlKey(true);
                          debugKey.setKeyName("D");

Page.registerKey(debugKey, new KeyCallback() {
                              public void execute(String keyName) {
                                  SC.showConsole();
                              }
                          });
                      }
                      This adds a shortcut Ctrl + D key to launch the Developer Console in hosted mode. This convenience shortcut will hopefully encourage users to make extensive use of the Developer Console. It is really a huge time saver when troubleshooting.

Sanjiv

Comment

gmf2009,
                        Please do not hijack this thread. Create a new post.

Sanjiv

Comment

Developer Console bug

I am attempting to display the developer console from my application in either hosted mode or deployed mode using GWT 1.6.4 and SmartGWT 1.1. I can see the console - but all theme images are not reachable - and are being referenced incorrectly. The Log.html references the my new theme (as does the main app - which displays correctly) but the developer console tacks on extra directories. The line

if (!(isc.loadSkin || window.loadSkin))
                          {
                          document.write("<script src=" + window.opener.isc.Page.getSkinDir() + "load_skin.js?isc_version=7.0-trunk.js></"+"script>");
                          }

resolves correctly to

<script src="http://localhost:8888/com.coname.MyModule/sc/skins/Platform/load_skin.js?isc_version=7.0-trunk.js">

but the very next line (where the skins style sheet is loaded) reads

<link href="http://localhost:8888/com.coname.MyModule/sc/system/helpers/sc/skins/Platform/skin_styles.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet>

Somehow an extra "sc/system/helpers" gets tacked into every link to a theme image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

In SmartGWT 1.3
                            HTTP ERROR: 404
                            NOT_FOUND
                            RequestURI=/myproject/sc/system/helpers/Log.html

Comment

Aug 17 2009 : Note that you now need to inherit the module com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools in order to be able to use the Developer Console

Comment

Hi,

Does the Developer Console still work?

com/smartclient/public/sc/system/helpers/Log.html (which is requested when you call SC.showConsole) was in smartgwt.jar in release 1.2, but I can't find it since.

I am using GWT 2.0.0 and SmartGWT 2.1.

Thanks for your attention,

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                                X