No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Blama
    replied
    Hi Isomorphic,

I can see that the open-in-new-window-issue is fixed in v12.0p_2021-04-03. Same for the resizing on rollover issue there and in v12.1p_2021-04-04 and in SNAPSHOT_v13.0d_2021-04-05.

Thank you & Best regards
    Blama

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    The resizing on rollover problem has been addressed for tomorrow's builds - and we'll port the previous fix back to 12.0 today as well.

Leave a comment:

• Blama
    replied
    Hi Isomorphic,

there is still no change in 12.0p.
    In general, content is now moving on hover of the item in all versions, 12.0p, 12.1p, 13.0d (recent Chromium and Firefox). This might be related to this issue, where the SliderItem is above the LinkItem. Perhaps the problem is with the LinkItem (StaticTextItem?) and not with the SliderItem here. v12.1p_2021-04-01 video (moving content when hovering the links):

Click image for larger version  Name:	Height change.gif Views:	0 Size:	204.9 KB ID:	265101
    Best regards
    Blama
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Blama
    replied
    Hi Isomorphic,

I can see a change in 13.0d (2021-03-03), but not in 12.0p (2021-03-04). 12.1p did not have an update since 2021-02-23.
    The change in 13.0d is looking good, though.

Best regards
    Blama

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    Thanks for the clear explanation and test case. We've made a change to address this issue.
    Please try the next nightly build, dated Feb 27 or above

Regards
    Isomorphic Software

Leave a comment:

• Blama
    replied
    Hi Isomorphic,

I'm was trying to get rid of an annoying behaviour of empty LinkItems/StaticTextItems, where a click in those issues a reload of the page in a new tab.
    In the end it came down to my old setting of applyHeightToTextBox: true, that I never removed in my code.
    I assume that after this is now false by default because of the framework changes done for this thread in #12, it should stay false for any LinkItem, correct?

If not, please see this testcase (v12.0p_2021-02-23), where setting applyHeightToTextBox: true causes a linked empty space. If the value then is null, the empty href opens a new window with the current URL.

Click image for larger version  Name:	LinkItem_applyHeightToTextBox_true.png Views:	0 Size:	62.2 KB ID:	264791

Code:
    isc.DynamicForm.create({
        ID: "form1",
        titleOrientation: "top",
        canEdit: false,
        width: 620,
        colWidths: ["*", "*"],
        fields: [
            {name: "text1", title:"Text", type:"text", hint: "A plain text field", wrapHintText: false,
            icons: [{
                name: "tel",
                src: "blank",
                inline: true,
                text: "✆",
                baseStyle: "telIcon"
            }]},
            {name: "link2", title:"LinkItem aHTTB true", type:"LinkItem", value:"https://forums.smartclient.com/", readOnlyDisplay: "static", applyHeightToTextBox: true,
            }]},
            {name: "text2", title:"Text", type:"text", hint: "A plain text field", wrapHintText: false,
            }]},
            {name: "link2", title:"LinkItem no aHTTB", type:"LinkItem", value:"https://forums.smartclient.com/", readOnlyDisplay: "static",
            }]},
            {name: "text3", title:"Text", type:"text", hint: "A plain text field", wrapHintText: false,
            }]},
            {name: "link3", title:"LinkItem aHTTB true", type:"LinkItem", readOnlyDisplay: "static", applyHeightToTextBox: true,
            }]},
            {name: "text4", title:"Text", type:"text", hint: "A plain text field", wrapHintText: false,
            }]},
            {name: "link4", title:"LinkItem no aHTTB", type:"LinkItem", readOnlyDisplay: "static",
            }]},
        ]
    });

Best regards
    Blama
    Last edited by Blama; 26 Feb 2021, 04:36.

Leave a comment:

• Blama
    replied
    Hi Isomorphic,

using v11.1p_2018-05-22 this now looks good for me with the testcase from #16 (just added value for the 1st FormItem).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IssueSolved.png
Views:	104
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	253293

I'm sure this will fix the issue in my application as well.

Best regards
    Blama

Leave a comment:

• Blama
    replied
    Hi Isomorphic,

with an added height:30, for the 2nd item it does look good now with today's build as well in 6.1p.

Thank you & Best regards
    Blama

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    Ok, this has been fixed now - the problem was that LinkItem specified height:null by default, but it should no longer do that, instead inheriting the height from TextItem - we didn't notice this in testing because we built an offline sample based on this test-case and an earlier one of yours, which happened to specify a global height of 30 for LinkItems.

If you do the same in your most recent example, setting a global height for LinkItems, that will emulate the fix we just applied, and should behave as you expect - otherwise, you can test the fix from tomorrow's builds.

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    Hmm, a quick test shows both problems fixed in 12.0+ but we do indeed still see the height issue in 11.1 - we'll take a look just now.
    Last edited by Isomorphic; 17 May 2018, 07:02.

Leave a comment:

• Blama
    replied
    Hi Isomorphic,

I retested with v11.1p_2018-05-17 and the code from #16 and still do see a difference to #21. The text is now not over the icon, not the positioning is still not correct. Please see this screenshot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	LinkItem positioning.png
Views:	110
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	253231
    Best regards
    Blama

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    These changes have just hit and you can test them out in builds dated May 17 and later.

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    Yes, apologies - we'll try to make these changes today.

Leave a comment:

• Blama
    replied
    Hi Isomorphic,

I just retested the sample from #16 with v11.1p_2018-05-14 and it still looks the same.

Best regards
    Blama

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    Yes, apologies for the delay - we'll be adding new code shortly to apply an outer table that enforces the textBoxHeight and a v-centered, l-offset link, which should deal with these two situations.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X