Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Calendar Month View Hover Width

Hi, I have set a custom hover text on my Calendar via setMonthViewHoverHTMLCustomizer.

How do I control the width of this hover?

Any answer to this?

Comment

You could use calendar.setAutoChildProperties() to set the "hoverWidth" on the "monthView" autoChild

Comment

Worked like a charm, Thank you.

Comment

I am now facing a similar problem with a Timeline. I want to increase the width of the hover when I mouse over an event, but setting the "hoverWidth" ion the "timelineView" autochild doesn't work.

Code:
          final Canvas properties = new Canvas();
          properties.setHoverWidth(500);
          timeline.setAutoChildProperties("timelineView", properties);
          How do I change the width of the event hover in the timeline?

Comment

Which version of SmartGWT?

If it's 5.0 or later, you can use calendar.setAutoChildProperties() again, to set the hoverWidth on the "eventCanvas" autoChild.

Comment

SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2015-02-09/Pro Deployment (built 2015-02-09)

The following doesn't work:
              Code:
              final Canvas properties = new Canvas();
              properties.setHoverWidth(1000);

timeline.setAutoChildProperties("eventCanvas", properties);

timeline.setEventHoverHTMLCustomizer(new EventHoverHTMLCustomizer() {
                  @Override
                  public String getEventHoverHTML(CalendarEvent calendarEvent, EventWindow eventWindow) {
                      DateTimeFormat dtf = DateTimeFormat.getFormat("d/M, yyyy");
                      String hoverHtml = dtf.format(calendarEvent.getStartDate()) + " - " + dtf.format(calendarEvent.getEndDate()) + "<br>";
                      hoverHtml += calendarEvent.getName() + "<br>";
                      hoverHtml += calendarEvent.getDescription();
                      return hoverHtml;
                  }
              });
              The hover width is still the default I think (see attached picture).

Am I doing it wrong?
              Attached Files

Comment

5.0 comes with a new EventCanvas widget, and a new set of customizers that use it as a parameter type. You're installing a customizer that uses EventWindow as a parameter type.

The first thing to do is install an EventCanvasHoverHTMLCustomizer instead.

If you still see this problem, let us know and we'll take a look at the hover mechanism.

Comment

I have changed to customizer to this one, but the width of the hover is still not changing size.

Code:
                  timeline.setEventCanvasHoverHTMLCustomizer(new EventCanvasHoverHTMLCustomizer() {

@Override
                  	public String getHoverHTML(CalendarEvent calendarEvent, EventCanvas eventCanvas) {
                  		DateTimeFormat dtf = DateTimeFormat.getFormat("d/M, yyyy");
                          String hoverHtml = dtf.format(calendarEvent.getStartDate()) + " - " + dtf.format(calendarEvent.getEndDate()) + "<br>";
                          hoverHtml += calendarEvent.getName() + "<br>";
                          hoverHtml += calendarEvent.getDescription();
                          return hoverHtml;
                  	}
                  });

Comment

As of builds dated February 14, you should find that setting hover-related properties globally on EventCanvas, via the Calendar.eventCanvas autoChild or directly on calendarViews (depending on which type of hovers you want), will affect things as you expect.

Comment

Working...
                    X