Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Cleared browser cache in both IE-11 and Chrome. That link does not load in both browsers.

Comment

OK, at this point we need to refer you to your local network administrator to troubleshoot further.

We can access the site from multiple locations, and these forums would be flooded with reports if the Showcase were actually down for other people.

Comment

I can access the GWT EE showcase directly via:

http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwtee/showcase/#main

And when I navigate to /Java Data Integration/SQL/Tree Initial Data & Load on Demand and click, nothing happens.

Could this be because we don't have a SmartGWT EE license? We have the Power edition?

Comment

No. The Showcase is publicly accessible.

Comment

Is that example in the 4.x Power showcase? I have that setup in one of my projects locally.

FYI - I tried on a machine inside our DMZ, Windows Server 2008 and IE-8, the main SmartGWT 5.0 and EE edition pages do not come up, at all, just the spinning icon.
            Last edited by JLivermore; 1 Oct 2014, 10:16.

Comment

Yes, with the same name.

Comment

I see it in my project with the showcase. Thanks!

Comment

I've disabled auto fetch and now I'm calling TreeGrid.fetchData(Criteria). When I set a break point at TreeGrid.fetchData(Criteria) and another break point inside my RequestTransformer, the breakpoint at TreeGrid.fetchData() is triggered. When I let that break point go, the RequestTransformer is called before the DSRequest goes out?

I thought the RequestTransformer is bypassed for a TreeGrid.fetchData(Criteria)?

Comment

Just simplify your process to calling DataSource.fetchData() and creating a ResultTree based on the response, which is then passed to setData(). No invalidateCache() call needed, in step 1 or step 5.
                    DataSource.fetchData() not TreeGrid.fetchData().

No, RequestTransformer applies to all DataSource operations, as the docs say.

Comment

That is a little confusing to me, what is the difference between TreeGrid.fetchData() and DataSource.fetchData()? Is it primarily regarding TreeGrid.fetchData() creates the ResultTree automatically, where as DataSource.fetchData() does not?

Comment

We'd suggest reading the docs for each, which provide a very clear explanation of what they do and how they differ.

In general, that's always the first thing to do.

Comment

Should I use DataSource.addData(Record) or TreeGrid.addData(Record) to put the records back into the Grid from the deferred command called from within the ResponseTransformer?

Comment

Neither. Both of those APIs are for actually creating new DataSource Records by sending an "add" DSRequest to the server.

Instead, you provide data to a ResultTree via setData().

Comment

Right, for a TreeGrid.getDataSource().fetchData(Criteria) I would create a new ResultTree with the results and add the data via ResultTree.setData().

To clarify my question, for the Load on Demand DSRequests going to the server and data coming back in the DSResponse and the 3rd parameter in the ResponseTransformer as Object data, how should the load-on-deman data (the children of the node expanded) go back into the Grid?

Is ResultTree.setData() additive? So I would do a treeGrid.getData().setData()?

Comment

We can't really tell what your misunderstanding is, but maybe this will help: the normal behavior of a TreeGrid with load on demand is to load the nodes of whatever folder the user opens, and whatever is found in DSResponse.data is automatically integrated into the tree. To preserve this behavior, just do nothing in your ResponseTransformer.

Comment

Working...
                                X