Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Blinking cursor?

Since I upgraded to smartGWT's latest build (28-10) I have been observing a blinking cursor in many components (listGrids, treegrids).

Then I opened the smartGWT showcase, and I see the same:
    http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/...ce_preferneces

When you click on "Charles Madigen", you see a blinking cursor next to the [+] (on its left side).

I see the blinking cursor using Firefox 26.0.
    When I use Chrome 38.0.2125.104 m, there is NO blinking cursor.. so it seems to be an issue with firefox?
    Edit: Using Firefox 33.0.1 there is also NO blinkin cursor. But I always used Firefox 26, and there was no blinking cursor until the upgrade ?
    Last edited by edulid; 28 Oct 2014, 06:40.

Hi all,

I don't see such issue in FF26.0 and also not in Chrome 38.0.2125.104 m (like edulid).

But I see an other bug in both browsers:
    Once I double clicked "Charles Madigen" in order to edit, exited edit mode without changing anything, I can't expand the node anymore (or, more specifically, I see some weird effect looking like fast opening and closing again).

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open sample (online sample v10.0p_2014-10-28/LGPL Development Only (built 2014-10-28))
    2. Doubleclick "Charles Madigen" (edit mode starts)
    3. Click in whitespace below (edit mode exits)
    4. Click "+" (no reaction)
    5. Click "+" (node opens and closes quickly)

I get this error in the Developer Console (TabSet errors are unrelated, I'd guess):
    Code:
    17:01:52.237:INFO:Log:initialized
    17:01:54.046:INFO:Log:isc.Page is loaded
    17:01:56.062:WARN:TabBar:isc_TabSet_0_tabBar:ignoring bad or negative width: -17 [enable 'sizing' log for stack trace]
    17:01:56.068:WARN:TabBar:isc_TabSet_0_tabBar:ignoring bad or negative width: -17 [enable 'sizing' log for stack trace]
    17:01:56.070:WARN:TabBar:isc_TabSet_0_tabBar:ignoring bad or negative width: -17 [enable 'sizing' log for stack trace]
    [B]17:01:58.433:TMR9:WARN:fetchMissingValues:isc_SelectItem_3[name]:Deriving valueMap for 'name' from dataSource based on displayField 'undefined'. This dataSource contains more than one record with name set to Default with differing undefined values. Derived valueMap is therefore unpredictable.[/B]
    Best regards,
    Blama

Comment

Isn't this unrelated to the blinking cursor?

Comment

But you are right, I see the behavior too.

Comment

Originally posted by edulid View Post
          Isn't this unrelated to the blinking cursor?
          It is, but it is in the same sample. Perhaps I should have opened another thread.

Best regards,
          Blama

Comment

Hi Blama, Edulid,

Always best to open a new thread for unrelated bugs.
            However we'll investigate the original issue and the additional one and we'll respond here when we have more information.

Regards
            Isomorphic Software

Comment

We've made a change to address the issue of the tree becoming oddly unresponsive after going into and out of edit mode in both 5.0 and 5.1d branches. Please try the next nightly build dated Oct 29 or above to pick up that fix.

On the blinking cursor issue, the only way we've been able to achieve this is by enabling designMode by opening Firebug and eval'ing document.designMode = "on"

It might be that there is an add-on that is enabling designMode?
              We'd recommend retesting with any add ons / extensions disabled, and perhaps also trying to reproduce the issue in another environment (we've tested both Mac and Windows OS).

Regards
              Isomorphic Software

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                We've made a change to address the issue of the tree becoming oddly unresponsive after going into and out of edit mode in both 5.0 and 5.1d branches. Please try the next nightly build dated Oct 29 or above to pick up that fix.
                Could you please also fix the issue on 4.1p?

On the blinking cursor issue, the only way we've been able to achieve this is by enabling designMode by opening Firebug and eval'ing document.designMode = "on"

It might be that there is an add-on that is enabling designMode?
                We'd recommend retesting with any add ons / extensions disabled, and perhaps also trying to reproduce the issue in another environment (we've tested both Mac and Windows OS).
                I will test this.

Comment

Could you please also fix the issue on 4.1p?
                  This issue is not occurring for us on 4.1p - it was a problem introduced with the 5.x branches.
                  If you are seeing it on 4.1p, please clarify exactly how to reproduce

Regards
                  Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
                  X