Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

List Grid grouped component ordering issues

I am checking screen on Smartgwt version 3.0 .

Browser version - FireFox 19.0

As you group a ListGrid using a Date column and options like "by Day" or "by Week" , the grouped record components created are displayed in random order like instead of displaying in order -- Mon , tue , wed ...
    order is some random , tue , fri , mon ...

the ordering is an issue with any option you use while grouping records by date...

Also , the default column which needs to be expanded as soon as the grid is grouped is also not fixed , sometimes first component is expanded , sometimes some other and sometimes all are collapsed

When i checked on smartgwt showcase too same behavior is observed , Is there a way to specify the order in which components are created while grid is grouped ?

p.s. attached is screenshot of issue
    Attached Files

Yes - just sort the grid - see the doc for ListGrid.sort and related APIs

Comment

I tried sorting the grid but it seems the sorting happens on data which is a part of grouped components but i want the grouped components themself to render in sorter order . Like if i am grouping the grid on column date -> by Month , I want the grid grouped components to be rendered in correct order , like Jan , Feb , March and so on ....

Comment

Hi smriti,

this is working for me in this sample: #grid_grouping_multi

I ungroup and group again by Ship Date. Then I click the column header to sort. It sorts the group values asc/desc as well as the group contents.

@Isomorphic: What I think is a bit confusing is that the group by week/month/quarter don't also include the year (eg. Q1/2009 and Q1/2010 are in the same group).
        I know this is configurable somehow, but I'd say the default behaviour is somehow counter-intuitive.

Best regards,
        Blama

Comment

We're aware of an issue in the framework in this area (combined sorting and grouping) - it's already being looked into and we'll update here when we have more information.

Comment

Similar thread.
            MichalG

Comment

We've just made some grouping/sorting related changes that address a few internal edge cases.

Please retest with a build dated November 25 or later of either 5.1 or 5.0 versions - we may port back to the 4.x series, but we're unlikely to port back as far as 3.0, so you should consider updating to a later version.

@Blama - we're considering your comments
              Last edited by Isomorphic; 24 Nov 2014, 06:05.

Comment

Hi ,

I checked with the build specified in your earlier comment , with the help of function setSortByGroupFirst(true) I could sort the grid as and when it got grouped by date . But in case if we are grouping the grid by date using "by Day" option , it always sorts the grid in descending order . like it will sort the grid from Fri , Thu , Wed , Tue like this instead of Tue , Wed , Thu , Fri . I am attaching the screenshots for reference .
                I tried using function - setSortGroupDirection() , but irrespective of me specifying ascending or descending the grid is rendered the same way

Please help
                Attached Files

Comment

It appears as if we don't yet support sorting by derived group value (i.e. "by day", "by week", etc.) for a date column - the sorting is always done by the actual "raw" date value. That's why you're observing unexpected results.

We consider this more of a limitation than a bug. As you don't have paid support, you'd need to use feature sponsorship to ensure it gets fixed immediately. However, we'll make a note of the issue and it may get addressed in a future release.

Comment

Working...
                  X