Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Could you clarify: are you trying to change filter criteria while grouping is still ongoing? Or does it happen for you if you start changing criteria after grouping finishes?

Is this browser specific for you?

Can you reproduce it with a default skin, or only with a customized one?

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
      Could you clarify: are you trying to change filter criteria while grouping is still ongoing? Or does it happen for you if you start changing criteria after grouping finishes?

Is this browser specific for you?

Can you reproduce it with a default skin, or only with a customized one?
      It happens always when I type to the filter input field and pause for "too long" (the filtering + re-group triggers). When the filtering + re-grouping is done the text I've managed to enter so far is selected in the input. Additional keystrokes remove the text as it was selected. I'm not changing the criteria while the grid is grouping, atleast not intentionally.

Happens with atleast Chrome on Mac & IE on Windows. I can test other browsers too later on.

I'm using Graphite theme.

As I said earlier, it seems to me it might have something to do with asynchronous grouping - the selection of text never happens when the grid filters immediately. When the grid starts to group with the "Grouping data ..." dialog, the text gets autoselected when the dialog is hidden.
      Last edited by markok; 17 Aug 2015, 04:08.

Comment

We've tested in different version of both fox and chrome (with the enterprise skin).

@Markok: have you noticed the difference between typing in the textbox and using the Filter Icon as I wrote about in my post on 9th Feb 2015??

We really hope this problem gets identified and fixed soon ;)

Comment

@markok - thanks for the testcase - we now see your issue and it's been fixed in all versions back to 4.0.

@chellegaard - this fix should also address your issue, but we can't guarantee that, because you never did provide a testcase - please do so in the future when we ask for them.

Comment

@markok - thanks for the testcase - we now see your issue and it's been fixed in all versions back to 4.0.
            Thanks a lot! Appreciate the quick response on this issue.

Comment

Hi again,

I upgraded our application to latest 2015-08-19 4.0P nightly (our app is still in 4.0P, upgrading is on roadmap) and a new issue emerges. The filtering seems to be fixed now though.

All buttons and labels are missing their iconSpacing and there is basicly no margin between the icon and the text. We investigated this issue and it seems that Button.js

Code:
                          getIconSpacing: function () {
                              if (this.icon == null || this.title == null) return 0;
                              return this.iconSpacing;
                          }
              .. has been changed to

Code:
              getIconSpacing : function () {
                  // if there's no icon, or no title (or showTitle is false), use no spacing
                  if (this.icon == null || (this.title == null || this.showTitle == false)) return 0;
                  return this.iconSpacing;
              },
              The check against showTitle prop seems to break labels and buttons. I patched this issue in my Java code with the latest nightly with

Code:
                      $wnd.isc.Button.addMethods({
                          getIconSpacing: function () {
                              if (this.icon == null || this.title == null) return 0;
                              return this.iconSpacing;
                          }
                      });
              .. and it seems to work again. If and when showTitle applies to important logic here it probably should be set to a correct value with buttons & labels with icons.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I noticed a change in spacing as well (spacing less or perhaps gone). Not regarding buttons, but in a SectionStackHeader. I did not investigate, yet, but perhaps you know where to look. It is there since smartgwtpower-5.0p_08_17 and was not there three weeks ago.

Best regards
                Blama

Comment

Apologies - this unrelated regression has been fixed in all versions for builds dated August 21 and later.

Comment

Apologies - this unrelated regression has been fixed in all versions for builds dated August 21 and later.
                    Thanks, I can confirm this issue seems to be fixed in 21 build.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

SectionStackHeader spacing is also back to normal for me using v10.0p_2015-08-21.

Best regards
                      Blama

Comment

Working...
                      X