Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

PortalLayout grouping

Hello all,

I'm trying to achieve a "grouped" portallayout and inquiring if anybody has done anything similar.

I'm thinking of using PortalLayout and it's columns for managing different kinds of items. The columns of the layout work nicely for my use case, the requirement is, that the items are freely draggable around to manage their order and in addition, their status (declated by the column they are in).

In my case, the items have a relation to a parent. Please see the attached diagram for clarification. All car parts (just an example) belong a car, which is represented by a portlet in the first column. The parts of the car are on following columns and can be freely moved around in their columns. What I'm trying to achieve is to have the parts of the car grouped to the car they belong. The dashed line between the cars indicates the grouping boundary in the diagram.

I can see few possibilities to achieve the UI i'm after:

a) Is there any way to have spacing between portlets in column ? This way I could (might be tricky) have spacing between the car part portlets to achieve the "group" for each car.

b) I could have multiple PortalLayouts on top of each other - one for each car - but then again I would have to manually manage all the layouts when cars are added and removed. And in addition, how would a huge scrollable VLayout manage with tens of PortalLayouts on top each other performance-wise ? There are potentially many "cars" in my case.

c) I could forget PortalLayout alltogether and build all of this from scratch with different kinds of layouts and dragging & dropping. I would not like to go through this route as it sounds like a big work and PortalLayout does most of the complex things out of box.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton in advance,
    Marko
    Attached Files
Working...
X