Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

NoScriptNoTheme NoScript NoTheme smartgwtee smartgwtpower questions

Hi Isomorphic,

I have some questions regarding the myproj.gwt.xml-includes.

As I'm loading your framework JS files manually and I'm not using Enterprise skin (but an own Simplicity-based one), I should be using *NoScriptNoTheme, which you added here.

For some reason I'm currently still using com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoScript, which is working, but most likely not correct. (Note: "com.smartgwt" without "ee"- or "power"-suffix)

My questions:
    • As I'm using power edition, do I have to include com/smartgwtpower/SmartGwtPowerNoScript.gwt.xml?
      I'm asking because I noted that the Power-BuiltInDS is using "<inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEE"/>" and <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools"/> in its BuiltInDS.gwt.xml. Is this correct?
    • If so, could you please add com/smartgwtpower/SmartGwtPowerNoScriptNoTheme (see screenshot)
    • Is my current setup with com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoScript "dangerous" with respect to twice-loaded skins (I do not see such requests in the F12 tools)?

Thank you & Best regards,
    Blama
    Attached Files

No, you do not need to use "Power", always use EE (see FAQ).

The "NoScript" variants do not attempt to load any script files, including the script file that loads the theme (load_skin.js). The NoTheme variants also omit the skin-related media files from your package.

You should probably not use the NoTheme variant, as omitting the default Enterprise skin media files will make the Developer Console look worse.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

thanks for the fast answer.
      So the only change needed is the switch from
      Code:
      <inherits name="com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoScript" />
      to
      Code:
      <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEENoScript"/>
      I don't know how I got that in the 1st place (I started my project with BuiltInDS two years ago), but this is wrong, correct?

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

See the FAQ. There used to be specific imports for Pro, Power, etc, and now all packages just use the EE name.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

everything is covered in the FAQ, thanks :)

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Working...
          X