Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

fetching data into recordlist

I am using SmartGWT Enterprise 5.1d, Chrome browser, superdev mode for debugging.

My issue is with the following code

Code:
    myReadingDs.fetchData(c, new DSCallback() {
                    public void execute(DSResponse response, Object rawData, DSRequest request) {
                        // Grab an array of records or a RecordList. The latter handy for searches.
                        RecordList recordList = response.getDataAsRecordList();
                        for(int i = 0; i < recordList.getLength(); i++) {
                            consoleLog(recordList.get(i).getAttribute("collectedAt"));
                        }
                    }
                });
    So far as I can tell in debugging, it throws an exception that simply states "java.lang.string cannot be cast into java.util.list". The exception actually appears in a smartgwt popup dialog. I have placed breakpoints in my code all the way up to the first line inside this code, and it never makes it past

Code:
    myReadingDs.fetchData(c, new DSCallback() {
    I have no idea why the error is happening, as every variable leading up to this is properly initialized. Any help is appreciated!

Hi wriley,

the exception is happening on the server (indicated by "java.lang.string cannot be cast into java.util.list"), your DSCallback is never reached.
    Your report reads like you try client-side debugging, only.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Got it

The problem was actually that my datasource was expecting a string[] and i passed it just a single string object. After inserting the single string into a string[], the problem was remedied!

Comment

Working...
      X