No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Feedback to SuperDevModeTroubleshooting

Hi Isomorphic,

two small notes for SuperDevModeTroubleshooting:

The step "In the "Classpath" tab, add gwt-codeserver.jar using the "Add External Jar" button" is unnecessary for me and results in an error:
    See attached picture + this log:
    Code:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/gwt/core/ext/UnableToCompleteException
    	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
    	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
    	at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.getMainMethod(Unknown Source)
    	at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)
    If I skip the add-"gwt-codeserver.jar"-step, everything is working as expected. Can you confirm this? Or is it something special with my installation?

2nd very small issue:
    The line
    Code:
    <script src="[app]/sc/skins/load_skin.js"></script>

Replace "[app]" with the directory containing the "sc" lib - determined by the "rename-to" attribute in your .gwt.xml file -- for example "builtinds" or "dsdmi".
    should read
    Code:
    <script src="[app]/sc/skins/[skinname]/load_skin.js"></script>

Replace "[app]" with the directory containing the "sc" lib - determined by the "rename-to" attribute in your .gwt.xml file -- for example "builtinds" or "dsdmi".
    Replace "[skinname]" with ...
    Best regards
    Blama
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Blama View Post
    Hi Isomorphic,

two small notes for SuperDevModeTroubleshooting:

The step "In the "Classpath" tab, add gwt-codeserver.jar using the "Add External Jar" button" is unnecessary for me and results in an error:
    See attached picture + this log:
    Code:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/gwt/core/ext/UnableToCompleteException
    	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
    	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
    	at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.getMainMethod(Unknown Source)
    	at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)
    If I skip the add-"gwt-codeserver.jar"-step, everything is working as expected. Can you confirm this? Or is it something special with my installation?
    You haven't provided any details of what SGWT or GWT version you're using, but in general, no, we don't see the issue you mention. In our use, that JAR is required. In fact it contains the Main class needed to launch the Code Server, so it would be surprising if the Code Server could be run without it.

Originally posted by Blama View Post
    2nd very small issue:
    The line
    Code:
    <script src="[app]/sc/skins/load_skin.js"></script>

should read
    Code:
    <script src="[app]/sc/skins/[skinname]/load_skin.js"></script>

Replace "[skinname]" with ...
    Best regards
    Blama
    We'll take a look and update the docs as you suggest if appropriate. Thanks.

Comment

In GWT 2.7.0 (but not for earlier versions), the CodeServer class is included in the GWT SDK Library that you presumably already have in your Eclipse Project's build or class path. So it's not required to add it manually as a separate step (though doing so didn't cause a problem in our own testing).

We'll update the SuperDevMode topic to reflect this and the other correction you mentioned. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X