Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Use of "classic" Dev Mode after configuring for 2.7/5.x?

Is it possible to debug using the "classic" DevMode from Eclipse once you've configured your module files (*.gwt.xml) to meet the GWT 2.7 and SmartGWT 5.x requirements for SuperDevMode (SDM)?

I have SDM working with my GWT/SmartGWT LGPL v5.1d project, by adding the <script> declarations to my html file, upgrading to GWT 2.7, and upgrading to SmartGWT 5.1d (5.1-d20150604-SNAPSHOT). But now I am unable to debug using "classic" DevMode from Eclipse. Is this possible after changing my setup as I have above?

Here's the error message in Eclipse's Development tab:
    Originally posted by Eclipse Development Tab
    [TRACE] [Login] - Finding entry point classes
    [ERROR] [Login] - Hint: Check the inheritance chain from your module; it may not be inheriting a required module or a module may not be adding its source path entries properly
    [ERROR] [Login] - Failed to load module 'Login' from user agent 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0' at 127.0.0.1:61691

There's no issue with setting up a project to be able to run either Classic Dev Mode or Super Dev Mode (SDM). In fact, the GWT 2.7.0 plugin provides a radio toggle between SDM and Dev Mode so you can run them both from the same Run Configuration.

Note that you shouldn't need to be modifying your .gwt.xml for GWT 2.7.0 - we're not sure what you changed here, but possibly this is where you broke your project.

Comment

Modifying .gwt.xml was needed prior to GWT 2.7.0, perhaps these are the changes.
      @PJP: For me, the parallel usage of SDM and Dev Mode works fine with current GWT 2.7.0 and current GWT Eclipse plugin.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

The following are the changes I made to our *.gwt.xml files, with guidance from the Isomorphic SuperDevModeTroubleshooting page. Can you let me know which are needed when using GWT 2.7 and SmartGWT 5.1d?
        • Added this line: <set-configuration-property name='xsiframe.failIfScriptTag' value='FALSE'/>
        • Changed "<inherits name='com.smartgwt.SmartGwt' />" to this "<inherits name="com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoScript"/>"
        • Moved <script> entries to .html file, such as: "<script src="Tooltip.js" />"
        • Removed instances of: <set-property name="gwt.logging.firebugHandler" value="ENABLED" />
        • Removed instances of: <set-property name="gwt.logging.popupHandler" value="DISABLED" />

Changes I made to the .html file:
        • Added line: <script>var isomorphicDir = "Login/sc/"</script>
        • Added the following script tags:
          <script src="Login/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js"></script>
          <script src="Login/sc/modules/ISC_Foundation.js"></script>
          <script src="Login/sc/modules/ISC_Containers.js"></script>
          <script src="Login/sc/modules/ISC_Grids.js"></script>
          <script src="Login/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js"></script>
          <script src="Login/sc/modules/ISC_RichTextEditor.js"></script>
          <script src="Login/sc/modules/ISC_Calendar.js"></script>
          <script src="Login/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js"></script>
          <script src=Login/sc/skins/Enterprise/load_skin.js></script>
          <script src="Login/TextSelection.js"></script>
          <script src="Login/Tooltip.js"></script>
          <script src="Login/jit.js"></script>

Comment

I reverted all changes to our *.gwt.xml files, with the exceptions listed below, and I'm still having the same problem.
          Changes made to our gwt.xml files after reverting, all required to get it to compile:
          • Deleted: <set-property name="gwt.logging.firebugHandler" value="ENABLED" />
          • Deleted: <set-property name="gwt.logging.popupHandler" value="DISABLED" />

Originally posted by Eclipse Development Tab
          [TRACE] [Login] Finding entry point classes
          [ERROR] [Login] Hint: Check the inheritance chain from your module; it may not be inheriting a required module or a module may not be adding its source path entries properly
          [ERROR] [Login] Failed to load module 'Login' from user agent 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0' at 127.0.0.1:57036

Comment

Working...
          X