Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Strange issue with generated height of SectionStackSection setControls() members

Hi Isomorphic,

I have a strange issue with v10.0p_2015-05-21 and GC43 only (I use Win 8.1). It does not happen with FF26 (dev mode or deployed) nor IE11.
    Also it happens only on application start / reload of the page and also then only around 80% of the time. If the widgets shown are destroyed and recreated, the issue is gone.

Please see the two attached pictures (I'm using a Simplicity based skin and the Dosis webfont. As you can see the height of the DynamicForm and of the containing VLayout are too big on load. The 2nd pictures shows the (expected) result, which I archived by destroying/recreating the whole screen part.

I resembled the situation as good as possible in an BuiltInDS-based sample, but unfortunately the issue is not reproduced in the sample.
    In my application I'm using four SectionStackSections with setControls(). All show or don't show the issue. I assume that the reason is some timing issue, but I'm not sure.

What is the suggested way of approaching the root cause? I can provide the sample I created (which does not show the issue). I also could give you access to the application via mail so that you can see the issue and diagnose with the Developer Console.
    Can you guess where this might be coming from from just looking at your JS code?

If none of the suggestions is feasible I'll try to hardcode some heights and hope that it fixes the issue for me, but you might be interested in the root cause as well.

Best regards
    Blama
    Attached Files

This is probably related to caching and whether sizes are known. Because some resources - maybe the webfont, maybe an image - isn't loaded at HTML render time, when we go to measure the size of content we get an incorrect number.

If you can isolate which specific resource is causing this issue, you can ensure that it's loaded before rendering.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

that sounds like a possible reason. I'll try how the hardcoding works for me, first.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Hi all,

I think I solved this now by putting the DynamicForm inside a vertically centered VLayout.

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Working...
        X