Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Developer Console displays empty gray window in all browsers online showcase

Hi Isomorphic,

bringing up the online showcase and the Developer Console in FF26/GC43/IE11/Win8.1 results in a gray screen for me.
    Result is the same for the bookmark approach and the Link in the showcase.

It does work in my application, though (my application: v10.0p_2015-05-21).

See screenshot. Version should be Jun-15 (see 2nd screenshot)

Best regards
    Blama
    Attached Files

Hi Isomorphic,

the HTML source seems to be "internal developer stuff" as it has no nightly-string cache buster (but an expires header of 1 year) and also has the weird safari-only code (lower part of the screenshot).

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Hi Blama
      This is to do with the way the showcase is deployed on the live site only. It does not indicate a framework bug (or indeed a bug at all - the developer console isn't a user-visible feature and is not expected to be functional in the deployment we have running here).

So this can be ignored.

However, of course do let us know if you run into any problems with the dev console in your downloaded build.

Regards
      Isomorphic Software

Comment

Update: it looks like this is a problem in some of the latest downloaded builds. This will be addressed today and builds starting with June 17th will be free of this problem.

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

the Developer Console is working for me again in the latest online showcase.

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

My browser is Firefox 36.0.1. and it is working fine in the showcase. However, my app is using smartGWT version 5.0p from 2015-07-22 and I am getting a gray window when bringing up the developer console.

Looking at the network calls in the developer tool, the calls being made try to load ISC JS files and end up in "404 Not Found".

For example,
            http://localhost:6080/myapp/sc/system/development/ISC_FileLoader.js?isc_version=v10.0p_2015-07-22.js

I looked on my web server, and the ISC JS files are located in sc/modules. Directory sc/system/development/ does not exist.

Comment

See the FAQ, you are missing <inherits> for GWT modules necessary to run the Developer Console.

Comment

Working...
              X