Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

FacetChart columns overlap value labels

SmartGWTPro 5.0p 2015-05-22 using Chrome v43 on Windows 7 Pro

The issue also appears in the City Population zoom chart in the SGWT EE Showcase.
    If there are more than ~100 data points (i.e. cities) then the chart columns (width/border/margin) don't adjust soon enough for certain chart widths. Of the images, the "Overlap" chart is actually a fraction of an inch wider than the "Normal" chart.

I am seeing this issue in my application which allows for about 150 data points to be charted. Making the chart wider doesn't fix the issue, because there are chart width ranges that cause the overlap and the ranges seem to be dependent on the number of data points charted. Even when I expand the chart width to 2200 px there is still full overlap.

This looks like a column chart limit or a bug. I tested in the latest build, but saw the same problems.

Any ideas on how to work around this so the end user never sees it?
    Attached Files

We're not managing to create this effect with several attempts.

Can you give more exact details on how this can be made to happen in the zoom chart sample? Something like an exact size for the chart widget and exactly what city should be on the left end?

Or if that seems tricky, standalone test code works too.

Comment

My monitor resolution is at 1920 x 1080 with my Chrome browser maximized.
      At http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwtee/showcase/#cityPopulationZoom, without adjusting the left or right panes, adjust the zoom to show Frisco, Texas (the tallest bar, it's blue) as the left most city in the upper chart. Then drag the right zoom handle to the far right to cover the rest of the cities to the right of Frisco.

I see the Frisco column covering the hundreds position in the value labels (Frisco.png).

Even if I didn't see overlap there, I could adjust (make smaller) the chart width by adjusting the right/left pane widths by small increments (1/4 to 1/2 inch). I see the columns move toward the y-axis before adjusting again.

These images show the progression of the columns as I make the chart narrower.
      Frisco2.png - shows Frisco about 10 column widths away from the y-axis
      Frisco4.png - shows Frisco about 3 column widths away from the y-axis
      Frisco6.png - shows Frisco covering the y-axis label (% Change)
      Frisco7.png - shows Frisco about 10 column widths away from the y-axis, and thinner

Also, the width of the center pane during Frisco6.png is 1074 px with the Overview window showing. The x-axis is 732 px, but the columns extend past the ends so the chart is about 776 px wide.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

if it helps: I can reproduce using Win 8.1/GC43 (I did not try other browsers).

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

We are able to reproduce the issue and are looking into the cause.

Comment

Working...
          X