Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Maven Repository missing jdbc-stdext-2.0.jar causing builds to fail

We're using SmartGWT 5.0-p20150628

I’m guessing by this title you may be wondering what this has to do with Isomorphic.

Isomorphic-hibernate.jar has a dependency on jdbc-stdext-2.0.jar.

This causes Maven to attempt to download jdbc-stdext-2.0.jar while doing a build with Maven.

This has been working many months for us until recently. We started to get spurious build failures with Maven indicating that jdbc-stdext-2.0.jar is missing.

We found that the build failures were spurious because we’re doing our builds in the cloud using Jenkins. So if a build server is allocated for out build that doesn’t have jdbc-stdext-2.0.jar in its local Maven repository our build would fail. On the other hand, if the allocated server already had jdbc-stdext-2.0.jar in its local Maven repository our build would succeed.

To demonstrate/prove that the Maven central repository no longer has jdbc-stdext-2.0.jar, one can click on the link http://central.maven.org/maven2/javax/sql/jdbc-stdext/2.0/jdbc-stdext-2.0.jar. This will result in a “404 Not Found” error.

To resolve this problem you can:

1. Go to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-database-419422.html and download jdbc-stdext-2.0.jar (it has a different name when you download it).

2. Install jdbc-stdext-2.0.jar in your local (or wherever) Maven repository. The command to install is
    Code:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.sql -DartifactId=jdbc-stdext -Dversion=2.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=jdbc-stdext.jar

This is a general question for the Isomorphic team. The description of jdbc-stdext.jar on the Maven web site says
    The javax.sql package. It is appropriate for inclusion in a classpath, and may be added to a Java 2 installation.
    Does this mean this jar file was for Java 2? If so, do you think it's possible that this jar has been deprecated?

Hi , on going to the site oracle site , I couldn’t find the jar. Can you please help me on that.

Comment

Working...
    X