• Time
Clear All

Finished app not working on IE9 or 10

Versions (Power Edition):
    Code:
    <smartgwt.version>5.1-d20140907-SNAPSHOT</smartgwt.version>
    <gwt.version>2.6.1</gwt.version>
    <spring.version>3.2.4.RELEASE</spring.version>
    On IE11, it works. On Firefox, it works. On Chrome, it works.

On IE9 and IE10, after login, the user just gets a blank white page. The only difference I can point out is in the developer console. When I open the developer console on IE 9, I get this:
    Code:
    10:05:38.206:WARN:Log:New Class ID: 'Window' collides with ID of existing object with value '[object Window]'.  Existing object will be replaced.
    This conflict would be avoided by disabling ISC Simple Names mode.  See documentation for further information.
    10:05:38.257:WARN:Log:New Class ID: 'Selection' collides with ID of existing object with value '[object Selection]'.  Existing object will be replaced.
    This conflict would be avoided by disabling ISC Simple Names mode.  See documentation for further information.
    10:05:43.178:TMR0:WARN:Log:Uncaught exception escaped: com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException
    (ReferenceError) 
     description: 'console' is undefined
     number: -2146823279
     __gwt$exception: <skipped>: 'console' is undefined
    On the browsers that work, I simply get:
    Code:
    09:46:26.066:INFO:Log:initialized
    09:46:29.571:INFO:Log:isc.Page is loaded
    I can't imagine its a bug or problem with such recent versions of IE. Any ideas?

Hi wriley,
    Originally posted by wriley View Post
    Versions (Power Edition):
    Code:
    <smartgwt.version>5.1-d20140907-SNAPSHOT</smartgwt.version>
    <gwt.version>2.6.1</gwt.version>
    <spring.version>3.2.4.RELEASE</spring.version>
    I can't imagine its a bug or problem with such recent versions of IE. Any ideas?
    If you a using 5.1d, a development version, you should definitely be using the latest version. Also, if you have no reason to use a development version, perhaps you should use 5.0p. See the text at the 5.1d download page.

Besides that, what is the doctype in your main html file?

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Thanks for your reply Blama. I am just using the version that the consultant who originally developed the app had in there. I tried to switch to the latest version (5.1-d20150804-SNAPSHOT) but everything breaks and nothing works on any browser. Perhaps I do not know what I am doing when it comes to that.

The doctype is HTML 5 (<!DOCTYPE html>)

Comment

Hi wriley,

then I'd also give today's 5.0p a try - most likely the easiest possible solution without digging into details.
        Watch out for classpath and/or build file references to the framework.
        Also I'd delete all war/WEB-INF/lib content, gwt-unitCache content, built *.wars and all unneeded framework *.jars in order to make sure you a using the correct framework-files.

If that does not work either, you'll have to get familiar with the framework, I'd guess.

The doctype you are using is the suggested one.

Best regards
        Blama
        Last edited by Blama; 5 Aug 2015, 08:18.

Comment

Working...
        X