Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

What has happened to the indentation and newlines in load_skin.js and skin_styles.css

Hi,

Trying to upgrade from 5.0 from 0517 to 0803. I notice, however, that all newlines and indentations seem to have been removed from the files mentioned above.

Is this intentional?? I have a custom skin that puts stuff on top of Enterprise and this makes it very very hard to get my customisations in, not to mention making it near impossible to read at all.

Hi mathias,

while I agree that this is not good (I did not check it), you can always format the files with Ctrl-Shift-F in Eclipse.

Also see "Customizing Themes" in the Quick Start Guide. Best practice is to copy selectors you want to change to the bottom of the file and just apply your changes inside them.

Then changing the base-skin-css/js is easy.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Hey Blama, thanks for chiming in.

I agree that it makes it slightly less cumbersome to have them in the end (and i have most of stuff moved to the end indeed), it still is hard.

And it doesn't work when you want to try stuff out, start something new etc.

Finally, it will break versioning, i.e. it'll be really difficult to get a good understanding of changes to the code.

Comment

This is a bug and will be fixed in tomorrow's (Aug 7) build. Sorry about that. The intent was to minify just the compressed (.gz) version, not the original skin file (and this works properly in the 5.1d builds, but apparently the fix did not make it back to 5.0).

Comment

No problem, thanks for the quick turnaround! I have the fixed version now.

Comment

Working...
          X