Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid setEditByCell(true) EscapeKeyEditAction.CANCEL undoes the whole row of edits

PROBLEM: It's nice to edit cell by cell with ListGrid:setEditByCell(true). When the esc key is depressed and ListGird:setEscapeKeyEditAction(EscapeKeyEditAction.CANCEL) is set, all the edits of the row that the cell is selected is undone. A user will make several edits within a row, and the user will only wish to undo the edit of the cell selected.

SOLUTION (feature request?): Only undo the cell selected to edit and leave the other edited cells of the respective row alone
    1. if the esc key is depressed
    2. if ListGird:setEscapeKeyEditAction(EscapeKeyEditAction.CANCEL)
    3. and if ListGrid:setEditByCell(true)

Version Info
    1. SNAPSHOT_v10.1d_2015-08-10/Enterprise Deployment 2015-08-10
    2. Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0

This makes sense as a possible enhancement, although it's unclear to us whether this would be a popular mode or not.

To implement this now, set the action for escape to "none" and add your own key handling logic to clear the edit value for the active cell only and exit editing.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
      This makes sense as a possible enhancement, although it's unclear to us whether this would be a popular mode or not.

To implement this now, set the action for escape to "none" and add your own key handling logic to clear the edit value for the active cell only and exit editing.
      I was thinking that it would make sense from the fact that only cells that are in edit mode would be undone. So if the whole row is being edited, then the edits of the whole row would be undone.

But I do respect the current workflow.

I will look into adding my own key handling logic for now.

Thank you Isomorphic for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by michaeljseo View Post
        I was thinking that it would make sense from the fact that only cells that are in edit mode would be undone. So if the whole row is being edited, then the edits of the whole row would be undone.

But I do respect the current workflow.

I will look into adding my own key handling logic for now.

Thank you Isomorphic for the suggestion.
        Respectfully, I think that the escape key should only undo edits of cells whose cells are in edit mode.

In any case to follow your suggestion, what event am I looking for to handle the escape key being depressed while editing a cell? The ListGrid:addKeyPressHandler does not trigger when the cell is being edited.

Comment

Working...
        X