Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Customizer Hover not working for Facet Chart if i am using Column type chart.

Hi all,

I am working on smartGWT, Now a day working on GUI. I created some chart using Facet Chart. need to show customize tool tip on data.

I am using setPointHoverCustomizer method its working fine on LINE and Area facet Chart type but its not supported Column Facet Chart.

Please if anyone know anything please reply me back.

Thank you so much.

Clarification on need

Let me clarify on the need for a custom hover.
    We are working with Grouped Columns chart, we would like to include the column name in the hover along with the value in the hover.

I know we can color code the columns and show the legend for them, but this requires the user to look outside of the hover, interpret the color of the column, find the matching color from the legend, then associate the value with the name next to the color. That's 4 steps we would like to save. Also, to rely on color matching isn't very user friend for the color blinds.

So the question is, why isn't hoverCustomizer supported for Column or bar charts?

Thanks.

Edit: We are using SmartGWT 4.1 Pro, November 14, 2014 build.
    Last edited by mdeng; 17 Aug 2015, 07:15.

Comment

See the Chart samples - there are already samples for how to create hovers on any chart.

hoverPointCustomizer is an API that is specific to showing hover for data points on charts that actually show data points.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

So, I played with http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwtee/showcase/#chartCustomHovers

When I change the chart type to Column and Unstacked, the hover points only shows for the first set of bars. It did does not work beyond the first few bars.

Also, the documentation for setShowDataPoints in the version of SmartGWT we are using said it only applies to line charts. I tried setting it to true anyway, but nothing happens.

Code:
         void com.smartgwt.client.widgets.chart.FacetChart.setShowDataPoints(Boolean showDataPoints) throws IllegalStateException

For line charts, whether to show data points for each individual data value. 

If shown, the FacetChart.pointClick and FacetChart.getPointHoverHTML APIs can be used to create interactivity.

Comment

We'll check out the issue with unstacked charts. May be a flaw in the sample code.

Right, the documentation for setShowDataPoints() is correct, so that's why it did nothing - because that's what the documentation said..

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I will try.

Comment

Looking again at the chart, this is a situation where the developer or end user has configured the chart with too little space to draw the data. The unstacked bars are drawn on top of each other, so the chart is completely unreadable.

There is no behavior that getNearestDrawnValue() could implement in this case that would actually correct for the lack of space, so we don't currently plan to try to implement a (futile) change that would allow the dot to more closely follow the mouse.

Comment

Comfirmed, we got it to work on our unstacked bar chart. Not as simple to implement as a ChartPointHoverCustomizer, but it works. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X