No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Reset optional text field to blank value in ListGrid results in null value

Hi,

I noticed some strange behaviour of the ListGrid / DataSource object:

When I reset a text cell in my listgrid from a string value to empty string, the datasource object generates and posts a JSON value of "null" instead of an empty string ("").

This makes it impossible to make distinction between an empty string and the value null in a text field.

Anyone a suggestion? Is it a defect?

Thanks,

I'm trying to figure this out also. Amazing that a year later you still have no reply. thats the sad thing about this library. No information outside the documentation.

Comment

Yes, just the documentation and 13,000 posts to date by Isomorphic staff.

Read the FAQ about what you should be posting if you think you have a bug.

Comment

I was a bit hasty. Your documentation is very good. Your doing alot also. It just doesn't seem to have reached critical mass other libraries have. There is only so much you can do by yourself.

I don't know if this is a bug. There may be a function somewhere to make empty strings appear as empty strings. Though i looked and i couldn't see anything as i'm not exactly sure what i'm looking for.

google search and forum search provided nothing apart from mongijs's post.

Comment

As the FAQ tells you, if you think you've got a problem, post a standalone test case so that others can run it. Actually you don't even need to consult the FAQ, because a reminder appears right next to where you type in your post!

It's not a problem of critical mass (not even sure what you have in mind there), just of not following directions.

Comment

critical mass is a term that is used to say when a community gets large enough that it maintains itself and huge amount of knowledge sharing occurs.
            Though your documentation is great as i stated before. I will see if i can make a simple test case. Though i've got other things to do(as we all do).

Comment

45,000 posts is critical mass. Realize that the fact that this has only ever been posted twice out of 45k posts might mean that this is an obscure usage error that only two people have ever made.

In fact, looking at the original post, it looks like an error in attempt to call setEditValue(row, fieldName, "") instead of clearEditValue(row, fieldName).

Comment

Off topic but I think critical mass is an ideal never truly reached. I've worked on many, many open and closed sourced projects and I've never seen a community that isn't still driven and maintained by one or a select few individuals still. Even a project like the Linux kernel with thousands of contributors over the years has only a select few individuals who drive it to this date. The community needs them to keep the product focused and have some form of control.

Comment

I just mean PHP has billions of tutorials on nearly anything you would ever need to do. Where as smartclient isn't quite at that stage.

I'm not trying to offend you or attack you. Your all doing a fantastic job.

When i made my first post I was a bit frustrated and in a bad mood as searches on how to do a general thing or troubleshoot didn't have many results.

Anyway I'm sorry.

Comment

Working...
                  X