Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Accessing ListGridRecord from ComboBox

I have combobox which is mapped to DataSource and I can display data obtained from the server. I can easily access value and display field when user select some item.

However, I would like to access some other data from selected item which I can get from ListGridRecord. Is it possible to access selected ListGridRecord in combo box? I can use selected value to filter underlying DataSource and get ListGridRecord but is there more elegant way?

oups it seems that your question is the same that the one i have just posted.
    Sorry for the doublons Isomorphic

Regards

Comment

Hi Guys,

SmartGWT is missing ComboBoxItem.getSelectedRecord() - we'll add this - you can call it via JSNI right now if necessary.

Comment

thank you Iso ;)

Regards

Comment

Hm, I was looking for such method in SmartClient and I don't know how I missed it! :)
          Probably because I expected ListGridRecord as result type instead of Object. I guess I can cast it to ListGridRecord, right?

Comment

If someone needs this functionality, here is the code I use in subclass of ComboBoxItem.

Code:
                public native ListGridRecord getSelectedRecord() /*-{
            	    var self = this.@com.smartgwt.client.core.DataClass::getJsObj()();
            	    var ret = self.getSelectedRecord();
            	    if(ret == null || ret === undefined) return null;
            	    var retVal = @com.smartgwt.client.core.RefDataClass::getRef(Lcom/google/gwt/core/client/JavaScriptObject;)(ret);
            	    if(retVal == null) {
            	        retVal = @com.smartgwt.client.widgets.grid.ListGridRecord::new(Lcom/google/gwt/core/client/JavaScriptObject;)(ret);
            	    }
            	    return retVal;
            	}-*/;

Comment

Thanks for posting that dejan! We'll let you know when getSelectedRecord() lands in SVN.

Comment

Hi,
                i encoutered the same problem, but getSelectedRecord() method into a child of CheckBoxItem does not work.
                That did i miss.

Here the code i used:

public class ComboBoxItemBC extends ComboBoxItem {

public ComboBoxItemBC(String ch)
                {
                super(ch);
                }

public native ListGridRecord getSelectedRecord() /*-{
                var self = this.@com.smartgwt.client.core.DataClass::getJsObj()();
                var ret = self.getSelectedRecord();
                if(ret == null || ret === undefined) return null;
                var retVal = @com.smartgwt.client.core.RefDataClass::getRef(Lcom/google/gwt/core/client/JavaScriptObject;)(ret);
                if(retVal == null) {
                retVal = @com.smartgwt.client.widgets.grid.ListGridRecord::new(Lcom/google/gwt/core/client/JavaScriptObject;)(ret);
                }
                return retVal;
                }-*/;
                }

Comment

@derferic Not sure you understand what this thread is about. This is a ComboBoxItem loading records from a related DataSource via the optionDataSource functionality. There is no analogy to CheckBoxItem.

Comment

Excuse me, for my bad explanation, effectively i use a ComboBoxItem (not a checkboxitem.. :) ) set via a datasource.
                    I need to retrieve the attached Record from the selected value.

After i picked up the value the returned selected record is alway null for me.

Thank

Comment

Exception calling getSelectedRecord

Hi,
                      I still have problem calling combobox.getSelectedRecord with last nightly build installed (495 13-May-2009 04:01).
                      My ComboBoxItem is bound with an optional data source and used as EditorType for a ListGridField that share the same optional data source, derived from a GwtRpcDataSource, with a custom ListGridRecord.
                      When I try to get the selected record in the ChangeHandler of ComboBoxItem or in EditorExitHandler of the ListGridField, the following exception is raised (in hosted mode IE + Windows Vista):

Code:
                      (TypeError): Proprietà o metodo non supportati dall'oggetto
                       number: -2146827850
                      or the following in FireFox + Windows Vista:

Code:
                      (TypeError): c.getSelectedRecord is not a function fileName: http://localhost:8888/com.mytest.test.Main/629F299C3612FD82C8C9569073E035EB.cache.html lineNumber: 1436 stack: sTc([object Object])
                      @http://localhost:8888/com.mytest.test.Main/629F299C3612FD82C8C9569073E035EB.cache.html:1436 vqc([object Object],[object Object])
                      @http://localhost:8888/com.mytest.test.Main/629F299C3612FD82C8C9569073E035EB.cache.html:637 oei([object Object])
                      @http://localhost:8888/com.mytest.test.Main/629F299C3612FD82C8C9569073E035EB.cache.html:6450 hSf([object Object],[object Object],false)
                      @http://localhost:8888/com.mytest.test.Main/629F299C3612FD82C8C9569073E035EB.cache.html:4376 sSf([object Object],[object Object])
                      @http://localhost:8888/com.mytest.test.Main/629F299C3612FD82C8C9569073E035EB.cache.html:4367 Dah([object Object])
                      @http://localhost:8888/com.mytest.test.Main/629F299C3612FD82C8C9569073E035EB.cache.html:236 ([object Object],[object Object],"I","C")
                      @http://localhost:8888/com.mytest.test.Main/629F299C3612FD82C8C9569073E035EB.cache.html:290 ("I","C")
                      @http://localhost:8888/com.mytest.test.Main/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:1106 (null,"handleChange")
                      @http://localhost:8888/com.mytest.test.Main/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js:246 ("handleChange",[object Object])
                      @http://localhost:8888/com.mytest.test.Main/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js:238 ("I","C")
                      @http://localhost:8888/com.mytest.test.Main/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:1997 ("I")
                      @http://localhost:8888/com.mytest.test.Main/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:1045 ()
                      @http://localhost:8888/com.mytest.test.Main/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:1042 ("I")
                      @http://localhost:8888/com.mytest.test.Main/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:2005 ([object Object])
                      @http://localhost:8888/com.mytest.test.Main/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:1500 ([object Object],[object Object],1,[object Object],0,"Informazioni","Informazioni")
                      @http://localhost:8888/com.mytest.test.Main/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:186 ([object Object],1,0)
                      Debugging the code I can see the native function in ComboBoxItem.class explained in this thread.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
                      falco

Comment

stack trace of failing getSelectedRecord

Here is StackTrace of above exception in hosted mode

Code:
                        com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): Proprietà o metodo non supportati dall'oggetto
                         description: Proprietà o metodo non supportati dall'oggetto
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.exceptionCaught(JavaScriptHost.java:27)
                        	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                        	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                        	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                        	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.IDispatchImpl.callMethod(IDispatchImpl.java:126)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.IDispatchProxy.invoke(IDispatchProxy.java:155)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.IDispatchImpl.Invoke(IDispatchImpl.java:294)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.IDispatchImpl.method6(IDispatchImpl.java:194)
                        	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.ole.win32.COMObject.callback6(COMObject.java:117)
                        	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.ole.win32.COM.VtblCall(Native Method)
                        	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.ole.win32.IDispatch.Invoke(IDispatch.java:64)
                        	at org.eclipse.swt.ole.win32.OleAutomation.invoke(OleAutomation.java:493)
                        	at org.eclipse.swt.ole.win32.OleAutomation.invoke(OleAutomation.java:417)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.ModuleSpaceIE6.doInvokeOnWindow(ModuleSpaceIE6.java:67)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.ModuleSpaceIE6.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceIE6.java:152)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:447)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:228)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
                        	at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.form.fields.ComboBoxItem.getSelectedRecord(ComboBoxItem.java)
                        	at com.digitalage.ssb.client.widgets.SSBComboBox.getSelectedRecord(SSBComboBox.java:50)
                        	at com.digitalage.ssb.client.datapanel.VociBudgetEDPanel$2.onChange(VociBudgetEDPanel.java:184)
                        	at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.form.fields.events.ChangeEvent.dispatch(ChangeEvent.java:97)
                        	at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.form.fields.events.ChangeEvent.dispatch(ChangeEvent.java:1)
                        	at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:65)
                        	at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.access$1(HandlerManager.java:53)
                        	at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:178)
                        	at com.smartgwt.client.core.DataClass.fireEvent(DataClass.java:190)
                        	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor35.invoke(Unknown Source)
                        	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                        	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessageW(Native Method)
                        	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessage(OS.java:1925)
                        	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2966)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell.pumpEventLoop(GWTShell.java:720)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell.run(GWTShell.java:593)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell.main(GWTShell.java:357)
                        com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): Proprietà o metodo non supportati dall'oggetto
                         description: Proprietà o metodo non supportati dall'oggetto
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.exceptionCaught(JavaScriptHost.java:27)
                        	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                        	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                        	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.ole.win32.COM.VtblCall(Native Method)
                        	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.ole.win32.IDispatch.Invoke(IDispatch.java:64)
                        	at org.eclipse.swt.ole.win32.OleAutomation.invoke(OleAutomation.java:493)
                        	at org.eclipse.swt.ole.win32.OleAutomation.invoke(OleAutomation.java:417)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.ModuleSpaceIE6.doInvokeOnWindow(ModuleSpaceIE6.java:67)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.ModuleSpaceIE6.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceIE6.java:152)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:447)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:228)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
                        	at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.form.fields.ComboBoxItem.getSelectedRecord(ComboBoxItem.java)
                        	at com.digitalage.ssb.client.widgets.SSBComboBox.getSelectedRecord(SSBComboBox.java:50)
                        	at com.digitalage.ssb.client.datapanel.VociBudgetEDPanel$2.onChange(VociBudgetEDPanel.java:184)
                        	at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.form.fields.events.ChangeEvent.dispatch(ChangeEvent.java:97)
                        	at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.form.fields.events.ChangeEvent.dispatch(ChangeEvent.java:1)
                        	at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:65)
                        	at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.access$1(HandlerManager.java:53)
                        	at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:178)
                        	at com.smartgwt.client.core.DataClass.fireEvent(DataClass.java:190)
                        	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor35.invoke(Unknown Source)
                        	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessageW(Native Method)
                        	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessage(OS.java:1925)
                        	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2966)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell.pumpEventLoop(GWTShell.java:720)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell.run(GWTShell.java:593)
                        	at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell.main(GWTShell.java:357)

Comment

For a JavaScript Exception, hosted mode stack traces aren't helpful. Can you get a stack trace from the SmartClient Developer Console in IE?

Comment

Developer Console and IE

Unfortunately running in IE caused the following error during tab opening

Code:
                            00:48:48.209:WARN:drawing:isc_OID_0:draw() called on widget with current drawn state: complete, use redraw() instead.
                                Canvas.readyToDraw()
                                Canvas.draw(_1=>undef)

00:48:48.310:WARN:Log:Error:
                            	''pane' è nullo o non è un oggetto'
                            	in http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/MainSSB.html
                            	at line 271
                                TabSet.removeTabs(_1=>Array[1], _2=>undef)
                                TabSet.removeTab(_1=>"VociBudgetEDPanellista", _2=>undef)
                                    "return this.removeTabs(_1,_2)"

Global Log Priorities updated: Logging messages at priority 'Debug' and above for category 'ResultTree'.
                            00:50:45.865:WARN:drawing:isc_OID_0:draw() called on widget with current drawn state: complete, use redraw() instead.
                                Canvas.readyToDraw()
                                Canvas.draw(_1=>undef)

00:50:46.014:WARN:Log:Error:
                            	''pane' è nullo o non è un oggetto'
                            	in http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/MainSSB.html
                            	at line 271
                                TabSet.removeTabs(_1=>Array[1], _2=>undef)
                                TabSet.removeTab(_1=>"VociBudgetEDPanelgestione", _2=>undef)
                                    "return this.removeTabs(_1,_2)"
                            In Firefox the same step is working fine.

I will try to workaround this error to get the combobox exception instead.

TIA

falco

Comment

Log from Developer Console

Firefox:
                              Code:
                              01:48:44.868:TMR8:WARN:Log:findByKeys: dataSource 'isc_OID_18' does not have primary keys declared, can't find record
                              01:48:45.386:TMR0:WARN:Log:TypeError: this.formItem is undefined
                              01:49:41.148:WARN:Log:com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): c.getSelectedRecord is not a function
                               fileName: http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/877DE4B21003EB0F9D88F37DD8579BC6.cache.html
                               lineNumber: 1433
                               stack: Cci([object Object])@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/877DE4B21003EB0F9D88F37DD8579BC6.cache.html:1433
                              Dqc([object Object],[object Object])@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/877DE4B21003EB0F9D88F37DD8579BC6.cache.html:640
                              afi([object Object])@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/877DE4B21003EB0F9D88F37DD8579BC6.cache.html:6458
                              oSf([object Object],[object Object],false)@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/877DE4B21003EB0F9D88F37DD8579BC6.cache.html:4379
                              zSf([object Object],[object Object])@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/877DE4B21003EB0F9D88F37DD8579BC6.cache.html:4370
                              gbh([object Object])@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/877DE4B21003EB0F9D88F37DD8579BC6.cache.html:237
                              ([object Object],[object Object],"I","R")@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/877DE4B21003EB0F9D88F37DD8579BC6.cache.html:293
                              ("I","R")@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:1114
                              (null,"handleChange")@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js:246
                              ("handleChange",[object Object])@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js:238
                              ("I","R")@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:2004
                              ("I")@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:1053
                              ()@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:1050
                              ("I")@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:2012
                              ([object Object])@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:1508
                              ([object Object],[object Object],1,[object Object],0,"Informazioni","Informazioni")@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:193
                              ([object Object],1,0)@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Grids.js:1125
                              anonymous([object Object],1,0)@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Grids.js:757
                              (1,0)@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Grids.js:640
                              ([object Object],(void 0))@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Grids.js:639
                              ([object Object],(void 0))@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js:2797
                              ([object Object],"click")@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js:1342
                              ([object Object])@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js:1214
                              ([object MouseEvent],(void 0))@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js:1201
                              ([object MouseEvent])@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js:1192
                              ((function (_1, _2) {var _3 = isc.EH;if (isc.Browser.isIE && !_3.$j6) {var _4 = _3.lastEvent;_4.eventType = _3.MOUSE_DOWN;_3.handleMouseDown(null, _3.lastEvent);}if (!_2) {_3.$ku = true;}var _5 = _3.$k5(_1, _2);_3.$ku = false;if (isc.Browser.isSafari) {_5 = true;}return _5;}),[object MouseEvent])@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js:1399
                              anonymous([object MouseEvent])@http://localhost:8888/com.digitalage.ssb.MainSSB/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js:35
                              IE coming tomorrow... (ops, it's already tomorrow)

[sleep mode on]

Comment

Working...
                              X