Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

[ISSUE] listGrid sorting issue after a addData

Hi there,

I have a list grid binded to a data source.
    I sort my listgrid on a date field. The display when first loading is okay, data are sorted.

When I add a new record in the grid (saveData method) with current date, my record is added at the end of the grid (it should be inserted on top of it as the sort properties is still there).

It is the same issue when I update a record by replacing its date by current date : the row stay at the same place without being sorted again.

Any clue ?

PS : last week I didn't face the issue, my data were correctly displayed after the addData call. Maybe some modifications have been done on the sort methods in the last builds ?

Thank you

Regards
    Last edited by olinsha; 7 Feb 2009, 02:35.

Iso or Sanjiv,

are you aware of the problem ?

Thank you

Regards

Comment

If this is a paged, partially loaded dataset, this behavior is by design. See resultSet.updatePartialCache. Possibly this changed since last week because your data volume got larger?

Comment

Hi Iso,

ok I see. My grid is partially loaded you're right. The resultSet.updatePartialCache doc says that the newly inserted row can be put in first position in the grid (even if it is not the first preference). How can I do that instead of letting the syste put my record at the end ?

Thank you

Regards

Comment

There's not really a way to override this preference, but if you wanted to provide a patch that provided a flag to control it, we'd include it.

Comment

Hi I'm using smartGWT 2.2 and experiencing the same issue that was described. Is there any fix/setting to handle this scenario already?
            Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X