Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartGWT SVN build - GWT 1.6 Milestone 1

Hi there, I tried to run a simple application (a helloworld) with the latest versions of the libraries(both gwt and smartgwt)

When I compile I am getting this:

Removing units with errors
    [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/home/cvasilak/Projects/GWTDemo/war/WEB-INF/lib/smartgwt.jar!/com/smartgwt/client/widgets/events/HoverHiddenEvent.java'
    [ERROR] Line 76: The method getHandlers() is undefined for the type S
    [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/home/cvasilak/Projects/GWTDemo/war/WEB-INF/lib/smartgwt.jar!/com/smartgwt/client/widgets/grid/events/CellMouseUpEvent.java'
    [ERROR] Line 77: The method getHandlers() is undefined for the type S

I switched back to the "stable" smartgwt.jar release but I keep getting these errors. I am kind of newbie to both libraries so I guess there must be some obvious thing I am missing...

Any help?

Regards

SVN is currently compatible with GWT 1.5.3. GWT 1.6 compatibility will be added later today. (the event API's were tweaked just before they released 1.6 MS 1 and I need to sync them up in SmartGWT)

Sanjiv

Comment

Thanks Sjivan for clarifying this...

Keep up the *great* work of yours!

Comment

SVN has been updated to support GWT 1.6.0 as is GWT 1.5.3.

Users can expect a performance improvement with the latest SVN.

All,
        Please try to upgrade to the latest nightly or SVN and report back if you encounter any issues.

Thanks,
        Sanjiv

Comment

hello Sanjiv,

my application can't run anymore due to the treefrog skin that is missing.
          Is there a way for me to keep this skin ?

Regards

Comment

Hi olinsha,
            I should have also mentioned that the main smartgwt.jar only has the Enterprise skin. All the other skins are now in smartgwt-skins.jar ( included in the dist folder on build completion ).

Sanjiv

Comment

Hi Sjivan

I tried the newly svn build and the code build justs fine now. no more errors. The only problem is that when I try to run the app I get the following error in the console:

2009-02-22 15:13:20.076::INFO: Logging to STDERR via org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
              2009-02-22 15:13:20.115::INFO: jetty-6.1.x
              2009-02-22 15:13:20.308::WARN: EXCEPTION
              java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
              at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.jetty.JettyLauncher$WebAppContextWithReload$1.findClass(JettyLauncher.java:217)
              at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
              at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
              at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppClassLoader.loadClass(WebAppClassLoader.java:375)
              at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppClassLoader.loadClass(WebAppClassLoader.java:337)
              at org.mortbay.util.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:91)

2009-02-22 15:13:21.417::WARN: Failed startup of context com.google.gwt.dev.shell.jetty.JettyLauncher$WebAppContextWithReload@1422757{/,/home/cvasilak/Projects/GWTDemo/war}
              javax.servlet.UnavailableException
              at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Holder.doStart(Holder.java:79)
              at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.doStart(ServletHolder.java:233)
              at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:39)
              at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:616)
              at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:140)

Unfortunately it doesn't log the class that its missing, even if I change to logLevel to ALL (or its there but I can't find it)

Maybe I am missing sth...

Thanks a lot for your work

Comment

Edit : from the trace it appears this error is with GWT 1.6 hosted mode, right? Are you seeing the error when you deploy it as a war or run in web mode?

This GWT thread might help. You can read the entire thread here.

Sanjiv
                Last edited by sjivan; 22 Feb 2009, 06:39.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with 1.6 version of gwt-user.jar containing all kinds of javax/servlet/** cruft. If you make sure that those javax/servlet/** class files don't end up in your .war file (if you look into it now, I'll bet they're in there) tomcat works fine again.

Comment

In the link I posted above, Scott Blum (GWT dev) states :

previously everything we shipped in gwt-dev-*.jar was accessible to
                    server code. With the new entry point, we isolate the web application so
                    that you'll be explicit about your dependencies.. this make it much more
                    likely that when you deploy your GWT app to a real server, things just work
                    and you won't have to debug configuration errors.

Comment

Silly of me...

"web.xml" wasn't updated and it pointed to a class that didn't exist from the first place. Removed the entry and worked as expected.

Thanks again!

Regards

Comment

Working...
                      X