Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Getting startd with SmartGWT and Netbeans 6.5 Tutorial

I accidentally started this post in the wrong forum, so here it is again.

I have created a step-by-step tutorial on configuring Netbeans 6.5 and SmartGWT. It was originally an internal document to help my colleagues get setup.

I would appreciate any feedback, and also a possible permanent home, as I am not sure how long this will be hosted here. (Probably until someone tells me to remove it.)

The link:
    http://www.plantstar.org/tutorials/Netbeans_Smartgwt.htm

Hopefully, this will prove useful.

Thanks,
    javanewb

Thanks for sharing.

I too am a long time NetBeans user. I am also a big fan of maven 2 as a much better alternative to ant.

I suggest NetBeans users consider using maven-gwt-plugin + Netbeans maven plugin to use Netbeans with GWT.

Note there is a sticky thread where I have suggested this before.

Comment

Wow, thanks a lot I have tried to setup netbeans with smartgwt but I failed so I stayed with SmartClient, but with this tutorial I think I will be able to set this up.

Thanks again!!!!

Chris

Comment

just one question:
        in the advanced section which jar file to you mean by this line: "Save the file and add it back into the jar file via 7-zip and save."

Comment

The build-gwt.xml file you extracted from the jar file "org-netbeans-modules-gwt4nb.jar" would go back into the same jar file in the same location. That location being
          \org\netbeans\modules\gwt4nb\resources

Hope this clarifies it for you.

Comment

I have now included the build-gwt.xml, so thanks for the hint, but when I copy an example from the showcase it is shown without the css applied to, does anyone know what I have to doto make it look nice?

edit:never mind, got the skin working now, don't know how I did it, but I did
            Last edited by chrisboesing; 27 Feb 2009, 02:22.

Comment

Chris, did you get everything to work? Seems you are the first to try the instructions, and I'm just curious if they are good enough. Hopefully, all went well.

Comment

everything worked perfect, thanks a lot for putting this together.

just one thing, I would write "<inherits name="com.smartgwt.SmartGwt"/>" in description of step 2.b.i.1.a because it's hard to read from the picture.

chris

Edit: Maybe you could add, that if you want to run the project in hosted mode you have to debug it (ctrl + F5)
                Last edited by chrisboesing; 4 Mar 2009, 07:10.

Comment

Working...
                X