Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Callback suggestions

Hello,

On startup I need to call some datasources but after my UI is loaded to avoid nulls. I have tried overloading onLoad() as suggested in the docs on a Layout (method is in superclass Widget a few levels up) but it doesn't seem to get the call.

Any help appreciated,
    Eric

Try addDrawHandler

Comment

That worked great thanks. Once the content is loaded I make a call to the backend to see if session.getRemoteUser is set(in the case of a SSO authentication as in Production) or null so I can do a local login. The app has application-based security.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by smartgwt.dev
        Try addDrawHandler
        addDrawHandler works but... why onLoad event isn't getting called?

Comment

Any response to Ciro's question?

I am in a situation where I need to call datasource.fetchdata whenever the widget is shown.

Although there is a VisibilityChangedHandler, I noticed this DOES NOT get called the first time the widget is actually shown (a bit annoying).

So I was happy to see an onLoad method and tried to override it but found it was never called.

So after looking at onLoad, onInit, onInit_Layout, etc. I found that the only handler that did get called the first time a widget was shown was the DrawHandler and put my fetchdata call in that method.

Is this the right way to handle this situation? I was hoping I could put my code into onLoad or just in VisibilityChangedHandler but that doesn't seem to work.

Comment

DrawHandler is the right one to use, and the others don't work because they are just inherited from GWT base classes and do not apply to SmartGWT widgets - use SmartGWT APIs as a first choice, always.

Comment

Working...
            X