Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Error while Building from SVN

Hi,

I checked out the SmartGWT and SmartGWT Extensions from SVN into Eclipse. They are not showing up as a regular Java project. So, i am unable to compile and build from there. I need to extract the jar that includes the code for GwtRpcDataSource so i can use it in my project.

I installed Ant and i included the ANT_HOME in my variables and the JAVA_HOME as well. However the ant command is still not recognized and even when i use the whole path to run the ant, while in the smartgwt's directory, i am getting the following error:

C:\MyProjects\Development\Java\SmartGWT>C:\MyProjects\Development\Java\Ant\bin\ant
    Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\lib\tools.jar
    Buildfile: build.xml
    [echo] C:\MyProjects\Development\Java\SmartGWT\build.xml
    [echo] Using GWT from : C:\MyProjects\Development\Java\tools\lib/gwt/1.5.3/windows

build:
    [echo] C:\MyProjects\Development\Java\SmartGWT\build.xml
    [echo] Using GWT from : C:\MyProjects\Development\Java\tools\lib/gwt/1.5.3/windows

main:
    [echo] C:\MyProjects\Development\Java\SmartGWT\main\build.xml

compile:
    [gwt.javac] Compiling 636 source files to C:\MyProjects\Development\Java\SmartGWT\build\out\main\bin

BUILD FAILED
    C:\MyProjects\Development\Java\SmartGWT\build.xml:34: The following error occurred while executing t
    his line:
    C:\MyProjects\Development\Java\SmartGWT\build.xml:18: The following error occurred while executing t
    his line:
    C:\MyProjects\Development\Java\SmartGWT\main\build.xml:34: Unable to find a javac compiler;
    com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
    Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK.
    It is currently set to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05"

What i don't understand is why it is looking for jre1.6.0_05 when my JAVA_HOME is pointing to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\bin instead. I tried the ECHO command to verify that.

Please help out if you know what i might be missing. Thanks in advance, Nicole

This is ant / environment related rather than a SmartGWT specific issue. Try passing in -verbose to the ant command line to see why its picking up the wrong location.

btw you can also pick up automated nightly builds. Details here.

Sanjiv

Comment

Working...
    X