Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How to perform validation explicitely in ListGrid

Hi,

I have a ListGrid control. I don't want to use validation on cell change (setValidateOnChange(false)). Once I do that, how can I force the validators hooked to each ListGridField to run on each column?

Regards,
    Maxime

See ListGrid.setValidateByCell().

Comment

Here is the documentation of ListGrid.setValidateByCell:

Code:
      public void setValidateByCell(java.lang.Boolean validateByCell)

Whether client-side validation checks should be performed when the user moves between cells in the current edit row. If unset, defaults to editByCell.
          Note that if false validation occurs on row-transition rather than cell transitions. Validation also always occurs when a row is to be saved.

Parameters:
              validateByCell - validateByCell Default value is null
      I don't see how this should help me. I want to perform the validation on the content of the grid when the user clicks on a button. I don't want to do the validation on row or cell changes whatsoever. So, I am looking for something like ListGrid.validate. Note that I tried ListGrid.validate but it didn't work for me.

Regards,
      Maxime

Comment

To turn validation off entirely use setNeverValidate(true). To then trigger validation for any given row, call validateRow().
        Last edited by Isomorphic; 20 Apr 2009, 13:32.

Comment

Note: corrected previous advice.

See also autoSaveEdits and saveByCell, and note that saving generally triggers validation, so you may need to disable automatic saving as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic
            To turn validation off entirely use setNeverValidate(true). To then trigger validation for any given row, call validateRow().
            Where is the validateRow() method?

Comment

Added the following methods to ListGrid in SVN :

validateRow
              validateCell
              cellHasErrors
              clearFieldError

Sanjiv

Comment

Working...
              X