Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How to show unique values in the ComboBox dropd down list ?

Hello,
    I am using SmartClientOperations.wsdl with Axis2 and hibernate on the server side.
    I have a lot of database fields which shoud be combobox'ed. Drop down values should be a list of already saved values in this field through all records.

This is nicely handled by setOptionDataSouce(), but repeating values are on the list, too. In my case, I do not need to distinguish records with the same value in the field. I just need a distinct list of already entered values stored in the database (there are thousands of records, but only hundreds of unique field values).

Could you suggest the right way to go ?

I could do datasource.fetchData and fill LinkedHashMap using rowData adding unique only values, but this is a kind of "disconnected" from datasource once done, so newly entered and saved form values are not listed.

Thanks,
    MichalG

Probably best if you filter these to unique values on the server itself to that the data returned for the optionDataSource is already limited to unique values.

Sanjiv

Comment

Since I need to create a distinict (by some field) record set on the client, I wonder what's the best way to accomplish this.

Scenario:
      I introduced a text field groupName into several Datasources by which all records could be grouped. Now if the user decides to assign a record to a group, he needs to specify the group name. To ease that task, I'd like to use a ComboBoxItem displaying all group names already used.
      The default approach
      Code:
      TreeGridField group = new TreeGridField("groupName");
      group.setEditorType(new ComboBoxItem());
      comes short since the ComboBox will contain duplicates if more than two records are in one group.
      So I am looking for an appropriate entry point to eleminate duplicates myself but could not find one.
      Code:
      filterClientPickListData()
      and
      Code:
      getClientPickListData()
      do not seem to work for Datasource bound grids (at least, they are never invoked in my case).

Any Ideas?
      Thanks
      fazopilot

Comment

Working...
      X