Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Annoying problem with ListGrid live filter in IE

We have list grid with filter editor enabled. When users starts to type some letters and results are returned, IE for some reason selects data entered in filter field. The problem occurs because sometimes data is returned before user enters whole word and because typed letters are selected, entering new letters will delete previously entered data. This happens in IE only.

I am not sure if I was clear, so here are steps how to reproduce this problem:

- Open Live filter example in Showcase
    - In filter field for Country column, start typing Bermuda.
    In IE, it is pretty hard to enter whole word because of this problem. Sometimes it works OK, but most times I am not able to enter it correctly. This does not happen in Mozilla or Chrome.

As our users use IE this problem is very annoying for them. Is there way to prevent this?

I have the same problem... :(
    Any solution?

Comment

Hi Guys
      We've found and fixed the culprit for this behavior in our internal source code - so the change should make it out to SVN in a couple of weeks
      In the meantime you may be able to workaround this by setting the "leaveScrollbarGap" attribute to false on your ListGrids

Thanks
      Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hello.
        Did this make it into smartgwt 1.2 as I also have this issue, and the leaveScrollbarGap workaround is not working.

If it made it then it's not completely fixed.

Comment

You should find that this is working (regardless of leaveScrollbarGap setting). Be sure you've cleared your browser cache and that the new build date is appearing in the Developer Console.

Comment

I am using SmartClient Version: 7.2b2 (built 2009-08-10)

It still happens, when I got some time I will try to post a standalone case as for now it is a minor issue.

Comment

Hi,
              I have the same problem,
              using IE6 in hosted mode and compiled mode with cache cleared.

I've just upgraded from build 730 where the problem also was to build 751 SmartClient Version: 7.0RC3 (built 2009-09-20) but it's still there.

regards,

edit: also tested in IE8 and bug is also there. Chrome 3 is OK.
              Last edited by levi; 21 Sep 2009, 22:16.

Comment

Same problem for Opera 9, Opera 10

Comment

I have same problem. But the same problem is not reproducible in Firefox and Chrome.

Implemented the solution for "leaveScrollbarGap". But it did not help to resolve issue in IE8.
                  Last edited by rohit.girme; 18 Sep 2011, 22:10.

Comment

Working...
                  X