Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

TreeGrid CheckBox Column Not Shown Fully

Hi,

The appearance of the treeGrid is set to checkbox. The first column in the grid for expanding nodes and which has the default icons and checkbox for selection is not shown fully. So need to drag the column manually.

Also after dragging, trying to expand node only does a checkbox selection. Opening the folder node requires a double click. But making a single click on the empty space to the left of expand symbol opens the node.

Please tell me how to set the width of the checkbox column and how to open folder nodes on single click.

Thanks,
    Ramya

The default size of the checkbox column leaves enough room for the field. Post a screenshot and sample code if you're seeing something different.

Comment

TreeGrid CheckBox Not Shown Fully - ScreenShot

I have attached screenshots to show, how the treeGrid looks Initially, and after dragging the checkbox column.

Code:
      final TreeGrid treeGrid = new TreeGrid();
      treeGrid.setLoadDataOnDemand(false);
      		treeGrid.setWidth(600);
      		treeGrid.setHeight(200);
      		treeGrid.setDataSource(serviceDS);

treeGrid.setAutoFetchData(true);
      		treeGrid.setSelectionType(SelectionStyle.SINGLE);
      		treeGrid.setSelectionAppearance(SelectionAppearance.CHECKBOX);

TreeGridField serviceField = new TreeGridField("serviceName");
      		TreeGridField descField = new TreeGridField("serviceDesc");

treeGrid.setFields(serviceField, descField);
      Also "nodes not opening in single click after dragging" and only does a selection.

Thanks,
      Ramya
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Ramya; 3 Jul 2009, 00:53.

Comment

What's happening is that the auto-generated checkbox column is being chosed as the "tree field" (field where expand/collapse controls and indenting are added). Call setTreeField(true) on your serviceName field to correct this. We'll also add a check to make sure the special checkbox field is never chosen as the tree field.

Comment

Hi - just a quick update to let you know this check has now been implemented in our internal code-base and will be part of the 7.0 final release

Comment

Hi,

I have tree with Selection Appearance as check box but the problem i am facing is - when we expend or collapse the tree note - i see two check boxes for each node and when tree done rendering then it fix itself and remove second check box.

Please note i also have -
            field.setTreeField(Boolean.TRUE);

Is it possible to avoid that buggy expend or collapse behavior ?

Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
            X