Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Display Icon in Grid corresponding to DataSourceEnumField

Hello,

I have a TreeGrid. The leaves in the TreeGrid column should display a certain image next to it (not in an extra column), depending on an enum value. What is the best way to achieve this?

I have read about DataSourceEnumField and that you can map images to enum values. But I think I cannot use this approach since I don't want a seperate column for the image. The image should be displayed next to the node title, just like so: http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/...nding_ondemand . So far, I can only achieve this by setting the "icon" attribute of a list grid record.

I could extend ListGridRecord and add an extra enum field, then query this field in a CellFormatter and set the icon attribute accordingly. But maybe there is an easier approach?

See the valueIcons feature (in ListGrid, TreeGrid's superclass).

Comment

Hello Isomorphic,

I've read about the setValueIcons feature. But I need to display the icon next to the node text, not in a seperate column. I want it to look like this:

http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/...nding_ondemand

When I use setValueIcons() on my node text field, nothing happens, which is no surprise since the node text field does not contain an enum value.

As far as I understand, I can only set the value icons for an extra list field containing the enum value. But I need both the icon and the node text in one column. Is this possible?

I now have:

Code:
          TreeGridField titleField = new TreeGridField( "beschreibung", "Beschreibung" );
          titleField.setType( ListGridFieldType.TEXT );

TreeGridField iconField = new TreeGridField( "status", "Status" );
          iconField.setType( ListGridFieldType.IMAGE );

Map<String, String> iconMap = new HashMap<String, String>();
          iconMap.put( "IDLE", "startbuchung.png" );
          iconMap.put( "RUNNING", "endbuchung.png" );

iconField.setValueIcons(iconMap);
      But what I need is the following:

Code:
          TreeGridField titleField = new TreeGridField( "beschreibung", "Beschreibung" );
          titleField.setType( ListGridFieldType.TEXT );

Map<String, String> iconMap = new HashMap<String, String>();
          iconMap.put( "IDLE", "startbuchung.png" );
          iconMap.put( "RUNNING", "endbuchung.png" );

titleField.setValueIcons(iconMap);
      Which is obviously not possible since the title field does not know of the enum values in the enum DataSource field.
      Last edited by jballh; 14 Jul 2009, 00:44.

Comment

Working...
      X