Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Modal dialog question

I'm porting an application originally written to use swing and I have a problem with modal dialogs.
    Code:
    String result = String.valueOf(MOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "Show message test", "Title Test", MOptionPane.INFO_TYPE, MOptionPane.YES_NO_CANCEL_BUTTONS));
    This will create my dialog window inherited from com.smartgwt.client.widgets.Window

Is there any possibility to wait until buttton is pressed before go forward and assign the "result"? The original app has lots of such calls and it will be too painfull to rewrite the logic to be based on events.

thanks before

I hope that I'm wrong and someone will came with a solution but from what I know it is not be possible (except while(1) with 100% cpu).

I even had to make asynchronous recursivity one time... not pretty at all...

Comment

If you want it to be synchronous you can use the native confirm() and prompt() functions (built into the browser) but of course those dialogs can't be customized at all.

while(1) will not work by the way.

Comment

mihai007, Isomorphic, thanks for your answers.

Comment

As far as I know ExtJS has modal dialog implementation.

I think they cover whole screen with some DIV with high zIndex (which does not react to mouse or keyboard) and on top of that DIV show dialog window.

Maybe it is possible to implement it in SmartClient?

Alius.

Comment

Modality is built in (Window.isModal). What this poster was looking for is a dialog that blocks execution until the user has responded, like the native alert() function.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic
              Modality is built in (Window.isModal). What this poster was looking for is a dialog that blocks execution until the user has responded, like the native alert() function.
              Sorry - my bad - I did not check API before writing.

Alius

Comment

dialog that blocks execution until the user has responded, like the native alert() function.
                Hi,

I am looking for the same solution. I need to show onbeforeclose confirmation in one class, and close a window in another class. I prefer not entering 2 events to handle it. Are there any news for it in GWT 2.0?

thank you

Comment

Working...
                X