Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Force clientSideOnly Filtering

Hi,

is it possible with SmartGwt to force client side only filtering ?

I have a DataSource connected to the server, with the operations add/update/fetch.... bind to server-side operations (so I think I can't change it to clientOnly)

My grid is connected to the DataSource

When my page is drawn :
    => I fetch the Data
    => When I filter (with the filterEditor) another fetchData is called
    - I'd like to prevent that, all my record are returned to the client side the first time

Is there a way to prevent the Grid to call the server for filtering data ?

Yes, ListGrid. setDataFetchMode(local).

Comment

Hello,

thanks for the rapid response. But I can't find the method setDataFetchMode()
      On the ListGrid or the DataSource

Where can I find it ?

Comment

It appears it hasn't got an SGWT API yet, but setAttribute("dataFetchMode","local") will work.

Comment

Added ListGrid.setDataFetchMode(..) to SVN. See the sticky on how to get the latest build.

Sanjiv

Comment

I'm trying the same thing with no luck. When I construct the grid I use setAutoFetchData(false) and setDataFetchMode(FetchMode.LOCAL). Then, based on a user action I load all of the data client-side and use setData() to attach it to the grid. I have a filter editor on the grid (a TreeGrid in my case) and yet, even with setDataFetchMode(FetchMode.LOCAL), using the filter editor results in a call to the server.

Comment

Hi Jay,

Your problem is actually different - client-side filtering support for trees does not exist yet.

Comment

Working...
              X