Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

GWT compile error

Not sure if this the right forum for this. I am migrating a GWT-EXT/GWT1.4 app to SmartGWT 1.2/GWT1.7, while I think I have completed the initial set of code changes, however when I compile using the Google toolbar in Eclipse, I get the following error. I am sure it's because of some dependency issue, but not sure where to look. Appreciate any help on this.

Code:
    Compiling module [XXXXXXX]
    [ERROR] Unexpected
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.<init>(Lorg/eclipse/jdt/internal/compiler/env/INameEnvironment;Lorg/eclipse/jdt/internal/compiler/IErrorHandlingPolicy;Lorg/eclipse/jdt/internal/compiler/impl/CompilerOptions;Lorg/eclipse/jdt/internal/compiler/ICompilerRequestor;Lorg/eclipse/jdt/internal/compiler/IProblemFactory;)V
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.JdtCompiler$CompilerImpl.<init>(JdtCompiler.java:93)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.JdtCompiler.<init>(JdtCompiler.java:236)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationState.refresh(CompilationState.java:177)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationState.<init>(CompilationState.java:93)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDef.getCompilationState(ModuleDef.java:264)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:283)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.run(Compiler.java:170)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler$1.run(Compiler.java:124)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.doRun(CompileTaskRunner.java:88)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.runWithAppropriateLogger(CompileTaskRunner.java:82)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.main(Compiler.java:131)
    Last edited by sujaydutta; 25 Sep 2009, 07:03.

Make sure you're pointing to an external JDK in your project and not the Eclipse bundled compiler. If that does not help, search the GWT forums for this error.

Comment

I am using JDK 1.5. It was the build path order, something within Apache Tomcat was causing the issue. Setting the following order fixed the issue.

App Source
      GWT SDK
      JRE System Library
      Apache Tomcat
      Web App Libraries

Comment

Working...
      X