Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Weird padding with Windows in Tabs.

I've been trying to work on a basic UI before I hand it off to my designer and there is a strange padding that I can't figure where it comes from. here is the current link to the project so far (nothing special): http://www.anivision.org/FenixUI.html

The design is to use windows inside of tabs, however for some reason I can see a weird "padding" around the entire window in the center. it's the same for all the tabbed windows. All Windows use a maximized state within the Tab canvas. and I set padding of the window to 0.

I really need help getting rid of whatever space that is between the window and the tabs (and everything else.

Launch the Developer Console and inspect the widget hierarchy and properties to narrow down where the padding is coming from.

Comment

OK, well as I suspected there is a canvas that holds whatever is inside the tabpane. How would I access that pane?? Even if I set that pane to be something else (IE a window) it looks like all it does is place that widget inside the default tabpane

Comment

ok there is a layout Margin that is being set somewhere in the code for smartGWT. does anyone know how to change it after the fact?? I can't seem to be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by xcom923
          ok there is a layout Margin that is being set somewhere in the code for smartGWT. does anyone know how to change it after the fact?? I can't seem to be able to.
          yeah, i have the same problem too... I want to utilize the 100% width of the tabpanel but there's somehow a padding/margin between the inside component and tabpanel...

Comment

I see the same behavior with Dialog.
            Using 4.0-2013-07-16
            Using FF19 and IE9

Any way to turn this padding off?

Comment

With regards to having the same problem with Dialog, I tried setting anything on Dialog that seems to possibly have something to do with it, such as margin/padding, but with no luck.

I tried using Window instead of Dialog, and Window does not add the padding like Dialog. So Window works for me.

Hope this helps...

Comment

Working...
              X