Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartGWT 1.2, SmartGWT 1.3 and SmartClient versions

Hi,
    SmartGWT 1.2 is distributed with SmartClient Version: 7.2b (built 2009-08-08) and SmartGWT 1.3 is distributed with SmartClient Version: 7.0RC3 (built 2009-09-24). Why higher SmartGWT version uses lower SmartClient version?

If possible I will be very happy if SmartGWT release notes will contain SmartClient version.

Best regards,

Ales

Isomorphic guys, I love you but with the version stuff I'm unhappy too...

S'GWT and S'GWT Pro/EE should be released in sync, together with a final SC version (no beta/RC). That is what it should be...

Also, there shouldn't be different packages with one and the same version. This happened in my case, no idea of this was an accident or generic problem.

Ekki

* GWT Rocks! * SmartGWT Rocks Even Harder! * SmartGWT EE 1.2.1/LGPL 1.3,
    GWT 1.7.1, GAE 1.2.6, Jetty 7.0.0, Eclipse 3.5.1, JRE 1.6.0_16

CI-CUBE.BIZ feat. CubeBrowser.AppSpot.com www.EasternGraphics.com/X-4GPL

Comment

How do the SmartClient versions affect either of you?

Decoupling releases allows more frequent releases based on each product's different release criteria. Coupling them does not appear to have a purpose..

Comment

Thanks for your response.

Originally posted by Isomorphic
        How do the SmartClient versions affect either of you?
        Fortunately SmartClient version change from 7.2b to 7.0RC3 does not affect my application.

Originally posted by Isomorphic
        Decoupling releases allows more frequent releases based on each product's different release criteria. Coupling them does not appear to have a purpose..
        IMHO there can be a problem if I have SmartGWT 1.2 with SmartClient 7.2b and call through JSNI API which is missing in SmartGWT 1.3 with SmartClient 7.0RC3. After SmartGWT upgrade which leads to SmartClient downgrade my application will be broken. As I see in many post in this forum JSNI calls are used, they are not something super special used very rare. But if this situation could not happen, is hypothetical or I am completely wrong...

Anyway I created http://code.google.com/p/smartgwt/issues/detail?id=369. Request for include SmartClient version in SmartGWT release notes.

Best regards,

Ales

Comment

The SmartClient version isn't downgraded, and any SmartClient API that is actually documented that oyu use via JSNI is a supported API that won't be removed.

The SmartClient version is already available in the Developer Console and will not also be included in the release notes. Please remove your Google Code issue.

Comment

Hello Isomorphic,

Why is SmartClient included in SmartGWT is marked as "Developement version" instead of "LGPL"? Can we use it separately from SmartGWT?

Comment

Working...
            X