Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

You've got the latest at the moment. Just because this is so odd, we'd really recommend a fresh machine even if that means an EC2 or Rackspace instance :)

Comment

Or a new VMWare instance..

Comment

I was finally successful in getting your HelloWorld test to run on the new Windows install and the SelectItems work fine both in hosted mode and when compiled. I'm using the same SmartGWT.jar (version 1.3) and GWT 1.7.1 on both system (Mac and Windows) . So now what can I do to "fix" the Mac setup? Absolutely everything else works fine there but these SelectItems.

Another thing to note; on the Mac all of the fields on the HelloWorld form show up as plain text fields and their Titles are just the field name, not the actual title from the data source. On the Windows machine they appear with their correct titles and working SelectItems.

When I check out my original project on the Windows machine it exhibits the same behavior as on the Mac; SelectItems appear with current values set, but don't drop down to allow other choices.
        Last edited by jay.l.fisher; 9 Dec 2009, 07:56.

Comment

The HelloWorld.java sample provided works fine for us on OSX too. Try reinstalling your browser.

Comment

Which browser? GWT hosted mode must use it's own browser. I moved Safari to the trash and it still worked the same. I've switched the default browser to FireFox but no difference in the outcome. HelloWorld still does not work in hosted mode (field names show up, not titles and all fields are plain text). If I compile it and use FireFox it works fine, but not in Safari.

On Windows it works fine in hosted mode, IE and FireFox, but NOT in Chrome. In Chrome on Windows it looks just like it does in hosted mode on the Mac!

Does that provide a better clue to where the problem might be? Is there any sort of trace or other information I could send that would help?

Comment

We'll rerun your sample on OSX using Smart GWT EE 1.2.2. You are using Smart GWT EE 1.2.2 without modifications, right? Your post prior to edits regarding an error with "data" seems to indicate that you were using 1.2.1.

If possible, can you try upgrading to GWT 2.0 and see if the error persists?

Comment

I am using SmartGWT EE 1.2.2 but with SmartGWT.jar from the 1.3 build (that addressed another issue). I'll try upgrading to GWT 2.0 and let you know.

Comment

GWT 2.0 installed on Mac. No more separate hosted mode browser. Use any browser in development mode. HelloWorld works in FireFox, doesn't in Safari. My original app doesn't work in either.

GWT 2.0 installed on Windows. HelloWorld works in Firefox and IE.. My original app doesn't work in either.

Comment

I've upgraded to SmartGWT EE 2.0 now and unfortunately I still have this problem. Is there anything else I can do to supply more information. Someday I need to get this resolved.

Comment

Not sure what more we can do right now since we've tried this in so many different environments and can't reproduce the error.. perhaps try revisiting your basic assumptions, such as, is everything you've tried from the same network, or are there common utilities installed on all the machines you've tried?

If you bundle up a simplified version of your app that isn't working we can try running that again with 2.0, but again, we couldn't get a reproducible case of what you said you were seeing with 1.2.

Comment

Working...
                      X