Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

GWT.codesvr not picking up changes to SmartGWT app

So I'm going through the standard dev cycle using Eclipse, GWT 2.0 & SmartGWT 2.0; making changes to my code, reloading the page in the browser and seeing my changes. All of a sudden, my changes stop being reflected in the app when I reload the browser (Firefox and Safari).

I've had this happen a few times and mysteriously fix itself. This time I can't seem to find the magic. I've cleared the browser, restarted Eclipse, rebooted the machine, done a fresh GWT compile, and it is still running the "old" version of the app.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a reliable solution?

A classic Eclipse hissyfit. Believe it or not, one of the best ways to get Eclipse to really clear out the gunk is to switch to a different JDK and switch back.

Comment

I'm a believer now. That did the trick. Thanks!

Comment

I'm using Eclipse 3.5, GWT 2.0.3 and SmartGWT 2.1 and I'm running into this problem too. I tried the JDK switch trick but that didn't help. What I did was:

1. Open Windows > Preferences > Java > Installed JREs
        2. Added a new JRE
        3. Unchecked my original JRE then checked the new JRE and clicked OK
        4. Rebuilt my project
        5. When back to Installed JREs and switched back
        6. Rebuilt my project

But I'm still getting the same problem. However, if I compile my changes every time I can see them but this is getting tedious.

Are the above steps what you meant by "switch to a different JDK and switch back"? Is there anything else I can try?

Comment

I assume you did a GWT compile as well as the JDK switch?

Comment

Yep. But doing a GWT compile is the only way I can see any changes to my code. The JDK switch didn't seem to do the trick for me...

Comment

Hello Jay,

Sorry for interrupting this thread. @Jay, Actually i was bit in trouble with using smartGWT EE so was finding you for help.

Please have a look at following thread posted by you. I am following the same way for on the fly edit of datasource descriptors.
              http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=8573

But somehow i cant go that far as you did. I mentioned my problems in same thread.

Please have a glance at it and if possible give your valuable suggestion on it. Your already generated code sample can also provide much clarification.

Comment

Working...
              X