Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

.NET apps / smartclient / in real life

Very interested in SmartClient. We use .NET, and so I would be interested in any feedback on the use of smartclient client-side only talking to .NET webservices. From the forum posts it is clear people are 'experimenting' but I would be very interested to hear of anybody who is using the client-code SDL only to talk to a .NET backend in a working, commercial environment.

Also, does anybody know of any public-facing apps using smartclient that can be viewed?

On a more general level, if you decide to go for the client-side SDK only, are there any core capabilities or functions lost as a result of not using the supplied server?

Ideally I would to try and avoid the individual developers having to load (and work with) a full java stack on the client just to develop, when we are a .net shop...

Any feedback much appreciated..

Thanks,

Stewart Bourke

Hi Stewart,

On Isomorphic's side, we are aware of several customers are using WSDL and XML schema integration, with shipping products including at least Informatica and Document Sciences. In most cases we are not aware of the backend technology in use, as of course WSDL is platform agnostic and the questions we receive are not specific to a given backend technology. Some customers are also using WSDL integration with web services on embedded devices.

Note that the SDK includes .NET WSDL integration examples (in examples/databinding/dotNET) that expect popular .NET "webmethods" tutorials.

Another option for .NET integration is REST-based integration. Several customers are using this with PHP.

On public apps: you can see several major customer products here, but all of these require either a paid account or product license. Other customers may be able to share URLs to non-password-protected sites.

A partial list of server-side features is here.

Finally, SmartClient does not use Java on the client, only JavaScript.

Comment

Hi Stewart,

I have developped an intranet application with SmartClient which consumes Web Services, written in .NET (C#), linked to Oracle data base.

The application is about financial forecast for hospital management.

It's not a commercial application, used only in intranet. But I have planned to put it on internet, with fake datas in order to show SmartClient possibilities.

Tell me if you are always interested or want more details....

Comment

Hi,
        i am using .net as well so far i am able to insert new rows and fetch data with a ListGrid and still have to fix delete and update operation.
        but was thinking since i saw many posts about smartclient usage with .net why no share information over an irc channel (something like: #smartclient) that way we can help each other and it would be faster for all of us to fix problems
        regards

Comment

Working...
        X